Chapter 31: Taking it Too Far

Start from the beginning

The light seemed to leave Delilah's eyes and Raph's face fell. She took a step and flinched, but tried to hide it by putting on a strong face. He realized what he did, and knew he crossed a hundred lines. He hurt her- just like he had promised he wouldn't do.

She tried to hide her limp as she walked out of the dojo and into the living room. Dill, Mick, Tina, and Donnie were on the couch and the TV was paused; they heard the entire thing. Delilah walked passed them to Leo's room.

Delilah sat in the desk chair and put her injured ankle onto the hammock; it was swollen and was starting to turn a violent shade of blue. She heard the door to Raph's room slam shut.

She put down her ankle and dealt with the pain as she stood up. She grabbed one of Leo's old over-the-shoulder bags and put it on. She packed the belongings she brought to the Lair into it. She grabbed her guitar and left Leo's room.

When she got back to the living room, Donnie immediately stood up from the couch.

"You had no right to bring Leo into it," Donnie said.

"He had no right to speak to me the way he did," Delilah retorted.

"He was right," Donnie scoffed. "You make every think you're stronger than you are with a quick tongue." Dill and Tina didn't even try to disagree; Delilah saw they were both taking Donnie's side.

"So what? You won't have to deal with it anymore," Delilah said, continuing to the main door of the Lair.

As Delilah reached the door, Mick grabbed her arm. Mick was near tears, unlike everyone else in the Lair.

"You can't leave," Mick whispered. Delilah's eyes didn't even flutter with regret.

"I have to."

"Take me with you!" Mick pleaded quietly. "I disagree with them, and they're going to be sad all the time. I'd rather be with my friend!"

"You can't have a hurricane as a friend, Michele," Delilah said. With that, she broke out of Mick's grip and left.

♦️♦️♦️

Raph didn't leave his room for the first three days after the argument. When he did on Friday the 18th, Donnie, Tina, and Dill all practically pampered him. They all apologized that Delilah took it so far when she shouldn't have.

They didn't know that Raph had thrown her in the silence after Delilah had spoken to him.

"Where's Mick?" Raph asked, sitting at the kitchen island. Donnie sighed.

"In her room. She agreed with Delilah- so much so that she wanted to leave with her," Donnie explained. Raph merely nodded.

"No one tried to stop her? Delilah?" Raph asked. Donnie chuckled curtly.

"Why would we? She unnecessarily brought Leo into the situation and left," Dill scoffed. "A low blow, even for her."

"She knew the rules and played the game," Raph said.

"What do you mean?" Dill laughed.