Adam Hastings - Long distance

A/N

So, I got the inspiration for this from something one of my friends said to me. I just expanded on that thought and put Adam in place.

Let me know if I should do a second version of this that actually includes the smut, but that might take a bit longer to write. So if you want it, I'll do my best.

I hope you enjoy - and thank you so much for nearly 500 views. That means so much to me!

________________________________________________________________________________

Adam is in France, they have a match the following day and you're pretty upset that you couldn't be there to watch and cheer him on. You try to head out to his matches as much as possible, but it's not often you can actually go. But this time was worse. You would be in the same city but couldn't watch him play because you had to go to some stupid meetings for your boss. Totally not bitter about that at all.

But you hoped he'd be up for seeing you today because damn did you miss him. You're the executive assistant to the CEO of a modelling agency based in Milan, which means you're rarely in Scotland and you haven't seen Adam for about 2 months.

But finally, you get to send Adam a text with the hotel name and room number. Then another, "Can you come?"

You then dump your bag, grabbing your wash bag out of it, and head to the bathroom. While waiting for his reply to come through, you jump in a shower, eager to wash the smell of the plane off of you. Just as you're getting out, you hear your phone go.

"I'll be there in 45"

After drying your hair you get changed into a short red dress, one he helped you pick out over text 2 weeks ago. He didn't know what it was for, but you had been planning this for a month. You knew this meeting coincided with a match and just hoped they'd have flown out the day before. Thankfully, they did.

There was a knock at your door. Soft and quiet, but you were listening for it. You jumped up off the bed and rushed over to open the door. Taking a moment, you fix your dress and take a deep breath before opening a door. Quickly you pull him inside and pull him in for the biggest hug you can muster. One of his arms wrap around you too, but his other hand runs through your hair and tilts up your chin, He looks you in the eyes, an enormous smile on his face too, and leans down to kiss you. It was soft, gentle and delicate. A perfect way to say hello. But you needed more. Just seeing him lit a fire inside you. 2 months of longing had built up.

Letting go of him, you start to walk to the bed, but he didn't follow. He just stared. Unable to take his eyes off of you in that dress. "You look amazing Y/N, as usual"

A slight blush crept across your face as you smile up at him, he's the only one who can make you blush.

Adam kicks off his shoes as he walks over to you, still standing by the bed. He wraps an arm around you, pulling you in and kissing you. This time rougher, needier. He'd been waiting for 2 months. You kiss him back, letting your hands glide over every inch of him.

"I've missed you" you manage to get out between kisses. He pulls away and looks you in the eyes.

"I've missed you too Y/N" he murmurs before kissing you again. Hard, passionate and full of lust. He starts to back you up to the bed, kissing you the entire way there, his hands glide all over you. Feeling every inch of you. Once you're on the bed, he lowers himself into you, letting you feel the weight of him against you.

---------------------------

Adam pulls away from you, rolling onto his back. His heart pounding. And you are no better, you're a mess. You really had missed him, and he had missed you too. You give him a quick kiss before climbing out of bed to head to the bathroom and clean up.

On your way back through, you just stopped in the bathroom doorway and stared at him. He looked so good spread out on the bed. Naked, glistening with sweat and half asleep. He really is everything you could have asked for. You climb back into bed beside him, and he pulls you in close, wrapping his big muscular arms around you and squeezing you tight.

After a bit of just lying there and enjoying the sound of his breathing and his heart beating, you look up at him to check that he is still awake. "Adam?" you ask, checking he was awake.

"Mmm" he mumbles as he looks down at you.

"I have something to tell you, something I hope you'll be okay with" you pull away and sit up so you can actually see his reaction. He just looks at you, asking you to continue. "I... I got a job offer. One in Edinburgh." His expression changes, but you can't quite make out whether or not he's just waiting to see where you're going with it. "I accepted. I'll be moving as soon as I have an apartment."

"Wait... you're being serious? You're actually moving to Edinburgh?"

"Yeah, or at least somewhere with easy travel to the city centre, anyway. Still, got to find a place to live. I'm flying over to spend next week viewing places"

He says nothing back, just pulls you in for the biggest, tightest hug he has ever given you. You chuckled but also start to cry a little, but it was tears of relief. Deep down, you had been so scared that he wouldn't actually be happy about you moving closer. That this "relationship", not that you had ever defined it, really was just a series of hookups whenever you were in the same country. It was only a few tears, but he noticed when he let go of you.

"Babe, what's wrong?" you can hear the concern in his voice. He really does want to know.

"Nothing, this is happiness. I can't wait to be closer to you."

You spend the rest of the evening showing him the flats you would be going to view, all within the city centre. He started suggesting some a little further out and even slipped in 1 or 2 that were near him. He wanted you to be nearby, but neither of you would be ready to jump into living together after only seeing each other every few months.

He didn't go back to his hotel that night, but set an alarm for early in the morning to head back and get ready for his match. He was too happy to leave you. And when he left in the morning, you give him a tight hug and kiss and wish him the best of luck. Letting him know that you really wanted to be there to support him.