Being An Eminent

Being An Eminent.

        We all have our different dreams. The insatiable desires to be known, loved and wanted.

     The sweetness that comes with power and wealth is really  over whelming, it's like being drunk in the sweetness of an intoxicating fresh wine.

If you've ever been poor then managed to have the cloying taste of  power, wealth and the world of the luminaries, you wouldn't like to go back to your old rags. If you aren't so disciplined and if you aren't so strong to overcome the arrogance that comes with it, you might get so intoxicated by the sweetness within.

    Just like the dreams of most men, I got what I wanted. To be a  shining star shimmering  before my fans.

   Am an amazing actress, a pro in my field. Am not really good at praising myself but I can't help noticing how excellent my acting skills are, my fans and manager didn't need to remind me that.

    One look at my progress, one would think I was born with a silver spoon but it wasn't  so.  In fact I'm  almost all entirely the oppose of what I was,  years ago. A poor little vagabond without a family or relatives. The street was my home, the leftover my food and a stray lonely dog, I found by the lonely road, my best friend, family and world.

      I had a talent which  I never knew until an angel in the form of a human ( as I thought earlier because she isn't) pick me up from the street, after watching  Clo, my pet and I perform.

    We were both playing a master and her humble servant. I was the master while Clo was the humble servant. 

I acted so passionately with Clo, that one would think I've gone so crazy talking to a stray dog and getting a reply in return but who cares? Not I or Clo. We were having the best fun time ever.

    Just at the peak of our show, a young lady drove by, parking her car right in front of us. She wined her glass down and beckoned on me to come. I thought she was looking for direction so I ran to her.

  "Good day" I greeted with smile.

    " How're you darling? What on Earth are you doing here, dressed on rags?"
  The young lady asked, gently sniffing around. I felt insulted but not mad.

"How old are you?" She asked again.

    "Sixteen" I told her calmly.

   "Oh, poor young girl. What's your name?"

   " Amara" I replied with confidence.

   "What a name" she sniffed again with such content.
" Do you know what talent you've got?"

    "Talent?, What's talent?" I asked her politely. Wondering if she was trying to make fun me again.

   "Aha! That's it.  At your age you don't know what talent means. My eight year old girl knows better, any way, hop into the car, will you?"

    " I should come in?" I asked confused at her offer.

   "Yes, or are you scared?"

   " No, it's just that, I don't know where we're going to"

   " Don't be frightened darling, there's nothing to be worried about. I want to help you get better. Make your dreams come through. Turn you into a shining star. Turn those rags of yours in to glittering diamond studded gowns. All of these, if only you can come with me. You're wasting a great talent here".
The young lady mesmerised.

  For few seconds, I thought the lady was crazy but on a second thought I wanted to go with her, after all it isn't so good here, probably life will be better for Clo and I, living with her.