Chapter 21

"You know you can just leave now, right?" Jisu spoke as she walks alongside with her cousin towards her condominium. Beomgyu was still following her, looking like a personal body guard.

He shook his head, "I know that, but I chose not to leave. I'm a great cousin, aren't I?" He playfully responds before flashing his wide grin at Jisu. She rolls her eyes in response.

"Not really."

Beomgyu lets out a chuckle as they were nearing Jisu's condominium. They also passed by Yeji's and they both knew Yeji wasn't there yet for she and Beomgyu arrived earlier than the Hwang cousins.

"Is Chaeryeong there?" Jisu nods her head as she takes out her keys, holding onto the knob as she unlocks the door. Beomgyu stands beside her, just waiting for his cousin to finally enter.

"I haven't seen her in a while, tell her to always take care."

"Wow, I'm your cousin yet you never told me to always take care before."

He scoffs before laughing at his cousin, "What?? Why do I still have to do that? Yeji's always with you, I know she'd take care of you so I'm not worried."

Hearing Yeji's name Jisu stops trying to unlock her own door as she looks up at Beomgyu, squinting his eyes at him.

He notices the gesture and he tilts his head to the side as if he's asking what Jisu is doing.

"Are you hinting at something?"

"Me?? What could I have been hinting at??" He points at himself, playing dumb as Jisu keeps on squinting her eyes at him.

"Why do you look like you know something that I don't."

He instantly waves his hands around, frantically trying to show Jisu that he isn't hiding anything.

But he knows he's screwed. He just blew his own cover, Hyunjin did have a plan for Yeji and Jisu but Jisu didn't have to know.

Internally screaming and cursing at himself he continued to wave his hands around. "What made you think that?"

"You're acting like I just blew your cover. You're not as clever as you think you are." Jisu swats his hands away knowing she just found out that he was keeping a secret.

"Hey! That hurt!" He pretends that his hands hurt as he caresses them. Pouting a bit as Jisu cringes at him.

That was when the door opened, revealing Chaeryeong who's holding an umbrella, looking like she was about to hit someone with it.

This caught both Beomgyu and Jisu off guard, it was because of the sudden sound of the door busting open that made them both jump.

"HOLY SHIT! I THOUGHT YOU TWO WERE ROBBERS TRYING TO BREAK IN." Chaeryeong threw the umbrella down on the floor as she took a deep breath.

"I was so scared, unnie, what the hell?"

Jisu frowns at her, "Think about what we would've felt if you really hit us in the head with that umbrella!" She points at the umbrella that was now on the floor.

Beomgyu laughs awkwardly, still a bit shaken up at the sudden appearance of Chaeryeong with an umbrella as a weapon.

"So, I guess it's time for me to leave." He mutters, attempting to take a step forward but was instantly stopped by Jisu's hand.

Tightly wrapped around his arm as she pulls him to a stop. "Where do you think you're going?? You have a ton of things to spill to us. And yes, you're also going to tell Chaeryeong."