Close Contact.

After leaving the prison, I wandered around the city. Lost in my own thoughts.

Even though Cerberus is a dog, he is still another worldly being. He can understand everything. He understood what my mother said, knocking his mood and confidence down to an all time low. My heart shattered all over again as I looked down, seeing his head hung low, tail tucked between his legs.

Everything I was told today was like a stab wound, in the same place, repeatedly. I hated that the woman I trusted most in my life, was the cause of my fathers death. My brain refused to process it.

"C'mon Cerberus, let's go somewhere special." I smiled softly, trying to perk up my companion, as we picked up pace a bit. We walked up to a small coffee shop and I walked in with Cerberus. "Hello, I am sorry but dogs are not allowed in this establishment."

"I figured, we aren't staying in. We have both had a very rough day. May I please get a [fav hot drink] and a cup just filled with whipped cream for my dog?" I smiled politely and was very relieved when the man allowed it. Cerberus was very slowly coming back to his usual self. "O-oh! I'm so sorry, Could I also get a small black coffee? Sorry to add more to my order." "Of course, no problem." The barista smiled.

After paying for the [fav hot drink],small black coffee and whipped cream, Cerberus and I walked to somewhere special. A flower filled area, a cherry blossom tree, and a gravestone at the base of the tree.

"Hi Papa...I brought you your favorite." I smiled as I set the small black coffee next to the stone. "I hope you enjoy it." My voice faltered as I sat down and Cerberus layed down in front of the stone, gently pressing his nose to the engraved 'Ryozo (L/N)' on the stone. "How was your day Papa? I hope Grandpa is doing well." A warm breeze blew through the tree and I knew my father was with me.

My (H/L) (H/C) hair blew gently in the the breeze and instant relief flooded my body. "I miss you papa... I know you're here with me." My (E/C) eyes looked down at Cerberus who had already ate the whipped cream and a smile crept upon my face as the breeze blew through his black fur, causing Cerberus to whine.

As I sat at the base of the cherry blossom tree, taking the occasional sip of my [fav hot drink], I struck up a conversation with my deceased father. "Hawks is...He is honestly something else dad. He cares for me so much. I think we are an item but we haven't confirmed anything yet." My cheeks felt hot as I talked about Hawks. "I also picked up a new hobby." My smile went shy. "I like to sing now. Would you like to hear a bit? I'm not all that good."

Another warm breeze rippled through my hair and clothes, I smiled knowing my father was smiling wide, nodding violently. Clearing my throat as I sat up, I chose to play and sing 'God Only Knows by John Legend and Cynthia Erivo'. As the song played on my phone, I sang along.

"God only knows what I'd be without you, If you should ever leave me, the life would still go on, believe me. The world could show nothing to me. So what good living do me? God only knows what I'd be without you..."

The notes rolled off my tongue like they were embedded into my brain. After the music slowed, a new verse came on. The lyrics were just 'God only knows, God only knows what I'd be without you.'

As the music picked up I knew there was a huge note coming and I was prepared.

"God only knows...God only knows what I'd be without you..."

(Quick A/N: 'what' is the highest note in the one line towards the end of the song kk bye now ;))

The music slowed down and the finally line came on.
"God only knows what I'd be without you..."

My cheeks burned red as I finished singing. "What did you think Dad?" I smiled wide.

"Holy shit Nugget... That was gorgeous." Hawks said, scaring me half to death and causing me to spill my drink a little. "H-Hawks!! How did you find me!?" I whined, embarrassed beyond belief that he heard me sing, and gasped when I saw a crimson feather appear in front of my eyes. "My bad Nug, probably should've given you a heads up." The winged man smiled and looked to the stone next to me, his smile falling.

"Hey Ryozo, I hope you heard your daughters gorgeous singing, just like I did." He said as he walked up to me, plopping down next to me. "I'm so sorry for everything you have gone through Nugget. I wish I could take some of the pain away." I heard his voice shake a little which confirmed he knew how much pain I was actually in. "I know Kei...As long as I have you, Cerb, my siblings and my dad...I'll be alright." I sighed as I placed a kiss on his cheek and suddenly a warm breeze came through.

"Dad...Leave me alone please and let me kiss him."

"Huh?" Hawks was beyond confused. "Whenever a warm breeze comes through, I know it's my dad. It's kind of silly but it helps keep me close to him, ya know?" "It's not silly at all Nugget." He smiled as he held me close to him.

Hawks and I sat at the cherry blossom tree, talking with my father for a solid 30 minutes before taking our leave.

"I'll come back to visit soon Papa. I promise." I smiled as I kissed the top of the stone.

*****

The three of us made our way to the usual spot at the beach. Cerberus's mood was better than it was earlier and he was in the water jumping around and barking.

"Keigo...?"

He looked at me, his wings peeking up. "Yea?"

"What are we? I know we kiss and stuff but like...is this just a fun little fling? Or is it like- WHOA HEY!! PUT ME DOWN!!" I cried out as Hawks picked me up and flew high. After flying high enough in the air, we stopped and twirled around slowly.

His lips captured mine, as the cool breeze blew through us, clouds surrounding our bodies. His gloved hands found their way to my lower back as he slipped his tongue into my mouth.

It wasn't a heated makeout. It was more passionate and loving.

Hawks' large crimson wings flapped slowly, keeping us flying and moving. As he pulled away from me, tears welled in my eyes. "(Y/N), you mean the whole world to me. The second we got to my apartment in Kyoto, I fell for you." He was smiling as he hugged me as tight as possible. "I would do anything to make you smile Nugget." My heart was beating so fast and as I pressed my ear to his chest, his heart was racing faster.

"I love you,Keigo..."

"I love you more,(Y/N)"

(A/N: my heart my heart MY WHOLE HEART.)