The Exam

TEN YEARS LATER

"Mom? You home?" You called out, shaking your umbrella dry as Cerberus shook his fur outside. "Your mom isn't home Chickpea, she went out with your aunt for dinner" said your father and he hugged you tightly and patted Cerberus.

"Oh...ok. Have you heard from Enki? Hoshi?" As you said their names, you reminisced on their graduation from U.A. God, that was so long ago... You thought to yourself.

"In fact, I did!" He smiled as he handed you an envelope. The second you saw what was on the envelope, you squealed.

From Storm Cloud and Mother Nature to Y/N L/N

"I keep forgetting how dorky their hero names are!" You laugh and hold the envelope tight to your chest.

"Dinner will be ready in a few, ok chickpea?" you smile and nod as you run up to your room Cerberus quickly following. You sat the envelope down on your desk and noticed that the U.A entrance exams were in less than 2 weeks. "I'm gonna attend U.A and make them proud Cerberus!" You look back at the fairly large, black fur coated, dog laying on your bed and smile. "We are gonna make them proud buddy."

*15 minutes later*

You had gotten out of the shower and sat down at your desk to read the letter.

Dear Chickpea,
Hey Kiddo! Hoshi and I miss you so much! We heard you have your entrance exam at U.A soon! We are beyond proud of you kid! We are currently stationed in Tokyo investigating a drug ring! It's kind of intense!
But I promise we are staying safe! Make sure you pet Cerberus for us! We miss him a lot! We are hoping after this investigation, we can take a week off and come visit you. We love and miss you every single day Y/N.
We are proud of you.
Love, Hoshi and Enki.

You didn't even know you were crying until you felt Cerberus whine loudly. "O-oh! I'm fine buddy I promise. I just...I miss them a lot." You said to your best friend. "Y/N! Dinners ready!" "Coming dad!"

"C'mon Stinky, Let's go eat"

(A/N: ALSO this is timed where you are 16 and hawks is 18 so this is wayyy before hawks becomes a pro hero and before the actual plot of the anime)

*Time Skip to the Entrance Exam*

You walked onto the U.A campus in complete awe of its beauty and just like usual, you got odd looks because of Cerberus which you simply ignored.

"YOOOO ARE YOU REAADYYY!!???" Screeched Present Mic as everyone was sitting for the introduction. The volume of the vocal hero's voice slowly started to give you a headache.

"Why does she have a dog with her?"
"Is she blind?"
"How can she be here if she's blind?"
"Maybe it's a service dog, how sad."
"She thinks she can be a hero? Yikes."

Everyone is talking about me...just try to ignore it... you thought to yourself. Cerberus picked up on your mood change and nudged you softly with his paw. "I'm ok Cerberus, I promise." You whispered as you scratched his head.

"DOES EVERYONE UNDERSTAND THE RULES???" Present Mic screamed to the nervous group of future heroes. "Shit, I didn't hear him."

"Maybe you need hearing aids instead of a guide dog, freak." said a snarky kid.

Cerberus let out a low growl as his sniffed out who spat out the insult. "Guide dog? Cerberus isn't a guide dog. He's my quirk." You said softly as you calmed down your companion.

"Dog or not, you won't ever be a hero."

That comment pushed you over the edge and instead of storming away, you stood up and grabbed the kid by the shirt and barked "You will regret saying those words, you pathetic overgrown pest." Cerberus had barked loudly and caught the attention of everyone.

Once you noticed what had happened, you let go of the kid and ran off, quickly being stopped by a teacher. 

"Care to explain what happened back there?" Jesus this dude looks like he needs to sleep for 20 years.
"I don't have all day kid- Wait a minute. You're Y/N L/N, the youngest sibling of Storm Cloud and Mother Nature. Correct?" "You know my siblings?"
The man scoffed "Of course I do, I was their home room teacher. They told me you often get bullied because of your familiar."

You lowered your head and sighed "Yea, so what?"
"Don't get discouraged, having a familiar quirk is kind of rare nowadays." The teacher said as he moved his long, messy black hair out of his face and patted your head. "I'll talk to the kid who provoked you, now get going or else you'll miss the exam. Good luck L/N"

Did that homeless person just...encourage me? Oh well
"C'mon Cerberus. Let's go kick some ass!"

*Time skip*

"READY?? BEGIN!!!" Present Mic screamed as everyone ran in and began taking down robots. Even if you had Cerberus, you were pretty strong by yourself. You quickly racked up points left and right.

You were getting confident.

Too confident.

" TWO MINUTES LEFT YO!!!" Present Mic announced over the intercom. I can get a few more. I can definitely get a few more. I'm getting more.

You ran after a three pointer and before you could reach it, something hit you and sent you flying. You hit a lamp post spine first and let out a pain filled cry. Immediately, Cerberus was by your side making sure you were alright.  "Fuck.. that hurt way too much." You looked around to see what happened.

Two...no three robots were surrounding you. Shit shit shit. Not good not good not good. Panic filled your body, you were about to spiral into a panic attack. You heard a familiar bark come from Cerberus. He wanted to you say it.

You needed to say it.

Say it.

"Cerberus..."

Do it.

"Go Fetch!"

And with that Cerberus grew. He went full Hell Hound. Smoke seeping through all 3 of his mouths and with a swift motion of his paw, he took out all 3 robots.

"Good boy Cerberus!!!" Cerberus let out a victory bark and howl which could've easily been heard all around the world.

"TIMES UP!!!"

And before you passed out from what felt that a broken rib, you said "Cerberus, Heel".

Just like that, you had finished your exam.

(A/N: that was a LONG ass chapter lol!! I hope you guys enjoyed it!! 1095 words!!)