Chapter 1

Imani

"We will be arriving in isiqhingi senyanga in 20 minutes" 

I touch the necklace my father gave to my mother as I look out the window. I am finally going to my mother's birthplace. I miss my father already. I wish he would have come with me. I have no idea what is in store for me once we land. I look over that the alpha king, who is talking to one of the guards. 

The alpha king. He is the descendent of Lesedi who was the first werewolf. She received her wolf spirit from Alpha, who is Mawau's familiar. 

This man is my grandfather. My mother was supposed to be next in line for the thorn. But she left and came to North Carolina and found her mate. 

I look over at Zoe, who is sitting next to me. She is still asleep. This is her first time on a plane and she has a horrible fear of heights, so she had to take a drug to calm her down during the flight. 

Sitting across from us are Benjy and Jojo. Dad thought it would be a good idea for Benjy to leave the pack and explore himself more. Especially after finding out his mother is a wolf hunter and she was suppressing his wolf. Hopeful that being in the motherland will be healing for him, and he can find a way to get closer to his wolf. 

The only reason Dad agreed into letting me go is that Zoe's mother will be coming as our guardian.

I thought back to when I begged my dad to let me go with the alpha king. 

Flashback

"Your mother's name is Zora Abioye and she is the princess of Isiqhingi senyanga." Says alpha king. 

"What?" I said confused. I take a step back, shaking my head. "Tha--that doesn't make any sense,"I said. 

"It's true," Asriel said. I look over at my dad for a response.  He doesn't say anything. 

"The proof is your wolf. Only those of royal blood have white fur." Alpha King says walking up to me. "And you, my dear have royal blood," He says looking me in my eye. 

"But--if that's true that means I am---"

"You are a direct decent of Lesedi, yes." He says. 

Flashbacks of Mawu come to mind. 

"Only my descendant can have access to me directly. And call upon me in times of need."

I gasp in realization. "I--I can't believe this" I said in shock. I suddenly started to feel dizzy and lost my balance.