Chapter~9

*Xiao zhan POV*
Zhan was still standing there not saying anything while watching yibo stand there utterly shocked. He also noted yibo's eyes get a bit teary. He knew the reason behind yibo's shocked expression. Zhan looked like hell. He had lost 4kg within just 2 days. He looked thinner than he already was. His skin was pale. And the warmth in his eyes were replaced by exhaustion. He finally heard yibo's voice.
"Z-zhan....?" Yibo said in a cracked voice. Zhan's heart ached. He didn't like yibo's broken voice. He couldn't bear it. It only made him feel more guilty thinking that the reason behind yibo's sudden broken was him. But on top of all that, he felt happy...he didn't understand why....but he was feeling relieved by the fact that he got to see yibo.
"Yibo..? U...you are here? I thought...you were in your match?" Zhan said weakly. He couldn't talk properly. He felt exhausted and dizzy.
"You.......what....w-w-what happened to you..? Why do u look like.....this....what..?"  Yibo trailed off clearly unabled to form words. Zhan felt nauseous and tired. His head was spinning. He will collapse any moment. But he didn't want to. He didn't want to pain yibo further and besides he wanted to keep seeing yibo's face....it gave him a comfortable feeling.He realized his headache had subsided a bit but still there.
"Well i was....i was kinda sick since yesterday morning and suddenly collapsed in my house. My next door neighbor Mrs. Xuan took care of me as i leave alone." Zhan said weakly. He had an urge to cough. But controlled it as he didn't want his weak side to be shown to yibo.
"Zhan......you....." Yibo was still horror struck. Suddenly a gust of cold wind blew through the open door. It might not effect yibo but it certainly effected zhan. Zhan shivered and staggered back as his weak body couldn't handle the strong cold wind. Yibo's eyes widened and he steps inside quickly and closes the front door behind him. Zhan fell to the floor. He couldn't bear the cold assaulting his weak body. His headache rose to the peak. He closed his eyes tightly. He felt terribly weak. Suddenly out of the blue he felt warm hands wrap around his shoulders. His heartbeat increased. He knew who it was and he unknowingly felt a surge of warmth and happiness. He felt like he was home again. On his mother's lap while she caressed his hair. But he snapped out of his thoughts as h heard yibo's voice.
"Zhan!?!? You okay!?!?" Yibo's voice sounded distant but still it was like music to his ears. A comfortable feeling washed over him.
"Y-yibo...im totally fine...." Zahn said weakly.
"Fine!? FINE!?!? U look like a zombie!! U catched a terrible cold. Your whole body is weak as HELL!! You are trembling like a leaf in harsh winds!! Ur temperature is BURNING!! U just nearly passed out only by a gust of wind and U R SAYING THAT UR FINE!?!?!?" Yibo shouted. His voice cracked. A single tear ran down yibo's eyes. Zhan smiled weakly at yibo's concern.
"Yibo, pls calm down. I will heal soon. Don't worry abou----" zhan couldn't finish. His body felt numb and vision blurred as the world around him was spun. Yibo's grip on his shoulders tightened and the next he knew was his head fell to his side as he blacked out. Before FULLY passing out he heard a distant concerned shouting voice.
"Zhan!? XIAO ZHAN!!!" Yibo shouted.

*Wang yibo pov*
Yibo's heart dropped when he saw zhan pass out. He didn't even notice that tears were already falling from his eyes. He felt as if someone was clenching his heart tightly with a cold fist. He carefully picked up zhan on his back and walked up the stairs to zhan's room. He carefully laid zhan down on the bed and tucked him inside the blanket. Before he picked up the blanket from the side of the bed, he noticed that the blanket lying crumpled up as if someone had threw it off at his side while getting up. He also saw that the bedsheets were slightly crumpled. Yibo closed his eyes in guilt. Zhan was resting. He was deadly weak and when he had gone to see who it was at the door he had past out due to the lack of needed energy. Zhan could have fell off the stairs.....yibo felt terrible at himself. It was his fault...if he didn't come then zhan
would not have to faint. He wanted to leave....but as he turned around to exit the room he stopped. Zhan was sick. He lived alone and he didn't really have anyone to take care of him. What if h fainted again? What if he fell down the stairs if his head felt dizzy? No....he couldn't leave him alone....he had to take care of zhan....he turned around at the sleeping figure on the bed and sighed.
"What the hell are u doing to me Xiao zhan??" He whispered to himself while staring intensely at zhan. It was nearly afternoon. Zhan had to eat lunch after he wakes up. Yibo sighed and made his way downstairs to the kitchen. He smiled to himself as he knew what zhan liked to eat. He started cooking. He learned how to cook by watching numerous videos and it made him quite able to cook for himself. After a hour he heard the door open. He made his way out of the kitchen and saw an old-middle aged woman standing there confused.
"Oh um....i am yibo....wang yibo....im zhan's friend. I came to meet zhan and he had fainted again some time after opening the door. So i decided to take care of him....and make him something to eat..." Yibo said and smiled.
"Oh...that's great ! Then i shall take my leave now yibo. Don't hesitate to tell me if u need anything." Mrs. Xuan smiled and left the house. Yibo sighed and continued to work.

=time skip=
Yibo placed the foods on a tray and made his way upstairs. He entered zhan's room. He placed the tray on the beside table. Zhan started sqirm and then fluttered his eyes open. He saw yibo sitting on the side of the bed.
"Yibo? Ur still here?" Zhan asked.
"Well...i couldn't leave like that could i?" Yibo said.
"Hmm...." Zhan said and turned red. Yibo smiled at zhan's flustered face.
" Since when are u sick?" Yibo asked concerned.
"Well...since yesterday morning. That is why i couldn't come yesterday...and today also....i missed your basketball match." Zhan's face dropped.
"Its alright...we won" yibo said and smiled.zhan's eyes sparkles with happiness. Yibo's heart skipped a beat. He felt really good after seeing zhan happy.
"Really!? Then....aren't there any after party with ur team members? And why did u come by the way? Was there anything wrong?" Zhan asked. Yibo wanted to say that " i was worried sick about you that's why" but restrained himself.
"Well...i wondered what happened to you...why were you not coming...so i decided to come and see u...but i did a great mistake...i should not have come...u were weak..." Yibo trailled off.
"No! Its completely fine! You didn't know. Its not ur fault" zhan said quickly with a concerned voice. Yibo smiled and looked at the foods.
"Zhan eat something now. Its lunch time."
"Um..huh? U made food!?" Zhan got startled and tried to rise up. Yibo helped zhan up and zhan rested his back on the bed stead.
"Well...yeah...mrs. Xuan came and went away." Yibo said and took a spoon full of food and held it close to zhan's mouth."eat."
" yibo...it sure is my favorite food...but...i don't have an appetite..." Zhan said. But he felt really delighted when he saw yibo made his favorite meal. But he didn't feel like eating anything.yibo narrowed his eyes.
" if u don't eat then i will make u sit on my bike and drive at the topmost speed." Yibo said in a fake serious tone. Zhan gulped.
"N-no...."
"Then eat."
Zhan had no other option. He opened his mouth and let the food in.
"Its good....really good..." Zhan said happily as he chew. Yibo smiled. He felt good that he was able to take care of zhan.
.
.
.