Ch 2: The Engagement

The whole house is buzzing people are moving back and forth. I walk around observing all the preparations seeing everything arranged so quickly makes me feel nervous. I wish this day wouldn't happen but I don't want to disappoint my father. In a blink of an eye they were finished I had three hours to get ready. Stepping out of the shower I go to sit in front of my vanity. I looked in the mirror my long black hair still a bit damped I grab a hairbrush and start to brush it out. Ouch, my dark brown eyes close shut in pain that hurt at least it was the last tangle. *sigh* grabbing my makeup I go for a smokey eye look and mahogany-colored matt lipstick to match my dress. I stand up and remove my bathrobe opening I grab my black strapless 36C bra I grab the matching silk thong. I slip the black thong on perfect for a tight dress. Im about to put my bra on when I remember the dress is backless I place the bra back into the draw "I guess braless it is" *knock knock* "just a minute" I quickly grab my silk robe and put it on "come in" Sebastian walks through with a man behind him "your hairdresser is here" I smile "Thank you" excusing himself Sebastian leaves "Emanuel its so nice seeing you again" we give each other a kiss on the cheek "ah Scarlet you're as beautiful as ever now what to do with your hair" I smile and walk towards my vanity "I was thinking an updo for sure but the rest is up to you" I smile at him. He walks towards me and starts brushing my hair "omg Scarlet your hair is always so soft and nice, girl I wish I had your hair" I chuckle. An hour later he's done I look in the mirror "it's perfect thank you" he smiles proudly I walk over to my bed where an elegant grey box sits untieing the white ribbon I lift the lid off and take the dress out I walk behind the screen door. I slip the dress on "Emanuel can you help zip me up please?" I walk back out he pulls the zipper up "you look breathtaking" I blush slightly "thank you" we kiss each other goodbye

I take a deep breath. I can hear the music and the murmuring of guests coming from the banquet hall. There's a knock on the door bringing me back from my thoughts. "Come in" Sebastian walks in I stand up, he smiles "you look gorgeous Scarlet" I hug my body trying to hide it "your father is asking for you" I follow behind him we stop behind a pillar just before the stairs descend into the hall. "Wait here" I nod. He then heads downstairs towards my father and whispers something into his ear.

Tapping his glass he grabs everyone's attention "good evening everyone, thank you all so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to be here. I'd like to introduce everyone to my beautiful daughter Scarlet Cross" he waves his hand up the stairs everyone starts clapping and I take it as a cue to head downstairs. I step out from behind the pillar place my right hand on the handrail and using the left to lift my dress a bit so I don't trip on it I begin to descend the stairs upon reaching my father's side the clapping stops I smile an empty smile at everyone. They didn't know this was the first time my father talked about me in such a gentle way. It's all an act he pretends to be the perfect happy father breathe Scarlet breath we just need to get through this night for starters. "Well now the reason I've brought you here, Christian will you please get up here" a young man around my age, tall with blonde hair brown eyes and a fit body walks towards us. Everyone is given champagne glasses My dad pats his shoulder "tonight I would like to announce my lovely daughter's engagement to Mr.Christian Aldridge" he pulls me over to stand near Christian and he raises his glass "cheers everyone" smiling I clink Christian glass with mine and smile towards everyone, my eyes widen as I feel Christian place his hand on my lower back. I quickly turn to look at him, at my reaction he just smiled. We walk around greeting people and thanking them for there good wishes later that evening I'm able to slip away onto the balcony Sebastian follows "I thought you might need another drink" he hands me another glass "thank you, Sebastian, I want to be alone now please" he nods and turns back into the hall.

Feeling the cold air on my cheeks is nice it was so stuffy in their *sigh*. 'Now, why is a beautiful woman like yourself sighing" I'm startled by a voice coming behind me! I turn around I see a tall muscular man standing by the wide door his back towards the hall his face is hidden in the shadows there is one thing I'm sure about he has these light-colored mesmerizing eyes. "I'm just not used to this sort of thing" I smile politely which he returns well I think he did with no light hitting his face it's hard to tell. "Congratulation on your engagement" he lifts his glass my face saddens which I pray he didn't see. With an arm around my waist, I tilt my head down to hide my expression "thank you" he's about to say something when someone interrupts him, he walks around the stranger and towards me "babe there you are I've been looking everywhere for you my father wants to meet you" he holds his hand out taking it he guides me back I stop beside the stranger his eyes move towards me with a glint I see the blue in his eyes sending a shiver throughout my body. My throat feels dry however I somehow manage to say a few words "it's been a pleasure talking to you now if you'll excuse us" he nods and I let Christian guide me towards his father.

"Well aren't you a beauty" he hugs me tightly "thank you it's a pleasure to meet you Mr.Aldridge" he seems nice so far "please call me William you're my future daughter in law for godsakes" he laughs "of course" I smile at him. Once again I feel Christian hand on my back which is slowly going further down as we continue talking to his father. "Well, dad I'm going to steal her away now I haven't had any alone time with her this evening" smiling he guides me away towards the garden where he makes sure no ones around. "Well I thought he would never shut up" he sighs "so my brother was the one who agreed to all this you see my father doesn't know of this and we would really like to keep it that way" he looks at me sternly "I understand" he chuckles "wow arent you pretty obedient, either way, I want to at least get to know each other better so I'll pick you up tomorrow at 9 so be ready" he kisses my lips and leaves waving his hand goodbye. My brow furrow watching disappear back into the hall.