Chapter 5

*** Adnan's P.O.V. ***

I slowly open my eyes and sit up, I rub my face then run my hands through my hair.
'Yes' I thought, my headaches gone. I take my blanket off me and brush my teeth and change into my black jogging bottoms and a plain black vest.

""

I walk down stairs and see my mum sitting in the living room with a group of women. I walk over and sit next to her.
"Morning mum," I say as I look around and notice the women shocked and trying to cover up their faces.
"Morning, put on a top," my mum says as the women start giggling.
"Where's breakfast?" I ask.
"Through those doors," my mum gestures and I follow.
I greeted all the aunties and ladies and went for the door.

I walked through the door and found a huge kitchen.
"Boo!" Someone shouts from behind as they grab hold of my shoulders. I flinch then turn around.
"Your still a little wimp," Zareenah laughed. I rolled my eyes and sat at the table in the middle and took a seat.
"What's for breakfast?" I question.
"Tea and toast," she says as she places it in front of me.
"Thanks," I say as I begin to eat.

Zareenah comes and sits in front of me across the table and get her phone out.
"Humm," he mumbles. I look up at her as her face is lite up by the phone's light, I look back down and continue eating.
"This looks interesting," she continues to mumble. I look up again and see she's already looking at me. What now?

Before she could continue my dad comes in with some people and take a seat.
"Salaam Adnan," my dad says with a big smile.
"Salaam," I reply as my dads smile lights up my face. Zareenah leaves the room. Finally.

"Look who've I've brought with me?" My dad points to someone. I look up and see a guy about my age who looks familiar. He had dark hair with dark eyes, he was very well built and looked a couple of years older than me.

"Adnan!!" He yells as he embraces me in a hug. I awkwardly look at my dad as he lets go.
"You don't remember me?" He laughs. I nod and put my empty plate and cup away.
"Adnan, it's me Abram," he says trying to jog my memory. I look at him and his name echoes in my ear. I've heard that name before.
"Abram go take Adnan out, we have wedding preparations to do," my dad suggests as other men sit at the table discussing stuff.

Abram and I walked out the room and he took me outside to the front.
"Adnan, are you sure you don't remember me?" He says as we walk over to the car.
"You know if we're going out, let me just go put on a top," I say as I begin to make my way back in. He nods as I leave.
"Wannabe footballer," he yells as I reach the door. I look back at him and then enter house.

His words echoed in my head. 'Wannabe footballer', where have I heard that before? I ran up the stairs into my room and trying to find a decent top to wear. I continue thinking of were I've heard that before when it hits me.

**

"Give it back!" I yelled at Abram as he tackled the ball off me.
"What?" he says as he picks up the ball.
We were in the park and I was practising some skills when Abram and his 'gang' approached me; they were just two other people.
"Abram, give me my ball back!" I yelled louder.
"What this ball?" He asked as he gestures to the ball in his hand.
Ugh! I seriously hate Abram, he always does this to me. My blood boils as he doesn't give it me back.
"Yes, which other ball do you have?" I say in a stern voice.
"But I don't have it," he jokes as he passes it to his friend.

I chase after the ball but fail to get as they kept passing it to each other. I stand in the middle between the three people as they pass the ball to each other making me follow them.
I stop and stand still as they keep passing to each other, my eyes roar in anger and I clench my fist.

Abram grabs the ball and stands there waving it about.
"Come and get it," he says as he moves it about in various places. I've had enough! This isn't the first time something like this has happened, he always does this and gets away with it.
I glare at him for a few seconds before I'm in 'rage mode'.
I ran up to him and drop him to the floor, I throw my fist at him with all my might and keep punching him. Abram's friends jump in and take me off him. His friends hold me back when Abram gets up and punches in me the stomache really hard. I gasp for air as they let go of me, I fall to the floor as I clench my stomachs in pain trying to breath.
"That's enough for a wimp like him, stupid little wannabe footballer," he spits as he walks away with his friends.

**

I snap out of the flash back and look through the window. That jerk, he's been bulling me since I was 9. I seriously hate him so much, he always kept putting me down, making fun of my football dream. I was going to give up because of him, his words always got to me and no one denied what he was saying, they just stayed silent.

Abram is two years older than me and always got away with everything because he's my dads' best friends' only son. My dad has a really good relationship with his friend, Ali. They've been best friends since they were really small and did everything together, they're basically brothers from different mothers.

Instead of just putting on a top I decide to take my time and get changed.