Day 360

Supergirl's first meeting with the Kingpin

Supergirl touched down outside the dimly lit building. It was a two-story restaurant-cum-bar. She could hear the muffled sound of jolly drunk men inside. It was the right place alright. There wasn't anyone else about. No one on the streets.

She looked to the left of the building as instructed and saw the steel door as described to her. The Maid of Might walked over, looking around her as her heels crunched over broken bottles and garbage strewn across the floor.

Emily knocked on the thick door. Nothing. She knocked again, a little louder this time and she heard some footsteps before the man behind pulled across a slider at eye-height.

"Yeah?" he said abruptly

"I'm here to see the Kingpin" she said confidently, but still conscious of how stupid that someone calls themselves "Kingpin".

"Name?"

Emily was slightly aggrieved he didn't recognise her. "Supergirl"

There was a pause.

"Fuck off" And the slider closed.

Emily looked behind. Was this some sort of joke to make fun of her? To humiliate her. Was she being recorded?

She knocked on the door. The slider opened once again, but before the man behind had a chance to say anything Emily put her hand inside the slit and pulled the door towards her. The reinforced steel door was no match for her super strength, and the man inside watched as the teenager peeled the top left corner of the door away from the frame before the lock mechanism shattered and the door swung open.

Emily tilted her head and raised an eyebrow.

The guard looked at her, then the mangled door, and then back at her before slowly gesturing for her to come inside.

She stepped into the dimly lit metallic corridor and as she went to pass the lone guard she grabbed the underside of his chin and gripped hard enough so that his cheeks and lips puckered up. Without even looking at him, and without even betraying a hint of effort, Emily lifted him up high into the air.

"Where is the Kingpin" she asked, still not even dignifying him with a look

She made out the simple directions from his muffled instructions and she let him fall out of her hand before walking on down the metal-floored tunnel.

About 20 meters along the corridor five burly men stood around smoking and talking in a mess area. It too was metallic and from this clearing, three other corridors led off like bicycle spokes. If the men had heard Supergirl rip the steel door from its frame, they did a good job pretending they hadn't. All five turned around as the click of her boot heels grew louder. She stopped at the entrance to the hub and placed her hands on hips.

"Holy shit, what have we here?" one of the men whistled.

"I'm looking for the Kingpin" she said quietly looking at each of the men ogling her.

A couple of the men started laughing.

"The Kingpin?" laughed the one with the red t-shirt, "We ain't heard of no Kingpin lady".

Emily rolled her eyes.

A white guy in a hoodie leaning against a wall took a step towards her.

"He's right," he said exhaling cigarette smoke as he talked. "We ain't heard of no King Pin".

He stopped a couple feet away, hands in his pockets, head slightly cocked with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Supergirl took her hands off her hips and walked over to him. Without saying a word she took the burning cigarette out of his mouth and placed it between her fingers and brought it towards her lips. The howling and laughter stopped as the men watched the achingly beautiful girl take a sensual drag from Spider's cigarette.