- seven : friend

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

The gym was considerably quieter than usual, seeing as Makoto wasn't there to liven things up. Usually, she'd be picking fights with Kageyama or joking around with Tanaka and Nishinoya or talking with Daichi and Suga or flirting with Tsukishima.

Today, she was absent, and no one knew why, not even her own brother.

When almost all hope was lost, the gym doors slid open to reveal Makoto. Everyone visibly perked up.

"Sorry, I'm late." Makoto admitted as she entered the gym with a polite bow.

"Makoto, where have you been?" Sugawara asked, approaching the female who placed her shoes on the floor nicely.

"Well,"

"I'm going on a run." Makoto said to her mother who had been awake for half an hour to prepare lunches for the kids.

Her mother smiled over at her daughter, nodding softly. "Be careful, okay?"

"Of course, Mama." Makoto pushed open the door, exiting the house quickly. She turned up the volume of her music, beginning to jog down the path.

Got the music in you baby, tell me why
You've been locked in here forever and you just can't say goodbye

As Makoto jogged down the path, her eyes were trained on the scenery ahead of her. With her music blasting in her ears and her focus being on the scenery, she failed to notice the male who laid on the side of the road limply.

She came to an abrupt stop, Did I just see...? She pondered as she slowly turned around, seeing the male laid flat on the ground. "Oh fuck."

Yanking her earphones out, she bent down beside the male and gently shook him. "Uh, dude, are you okay?"

After a minute of shaking him, he came to and jolted uptight. "What's going on?!"

Makoto jumped back, trying to avoid being smacked in the head. "You were laying on the side of the road. Are you okay?"

The boy rubbed his head, groaning softly. "Shit, I thought it was a dream."

A dream? Makoto then glanced over to the side, seeing the male's bike stuck in a wire fence. Seeing as he had a bunch of scratches on his legs, she assumed he ran into it and fell off his bike. "Did you faint or something?"

He nodded, turning slightly red with embarrassment. "I bet you think I'm such a loser."

"It's alright. I'm more worried about your health rather than if you look like a loser or not." Makoto answered, holding out a hand for the male to grab. He took it, allowing her to help him up off the ground. "I'll get your bike out."

With extra care, she removed the bike from the wire fence and stood it up on the side of the road. When she turned back to face the male, she was surprised to see him trying to fix the fence.

"What're you doing?"

The male glanced over his shoulder at her, watching as she walked over to him. "Uh, I'm gonna fix the fence. It doesn't feel right to leave it like this."

Makoto checked her watch and sucked her teeth, "You'll never make it to school on time."

"Seems so. I guess I can skip tod..." he trailed off when he saw Makoto bend down, grabbing the fence.

"I'll help." Makoto said as she began to bring the wires back together, wrapping them around each other to make ends meet.

The male felt a grateful smile cross his lips, "Thanks. What's your name?"

She smiled, "Hinata Makoto. You?"

In that moment, when the sun shined behind her and created a luminous backlight for her, he felt an arrow go through his heart. Makoto's a girl...

"Tatsuya. My name's Nakamura Tatsuya."

Once they finished fixing the wire fence, they headed off in the direction of Tatsuya's house. The male was frantically running around his empty house to find a first aid kit for Makoto who had accidentally got two large cuts on each of her palms.

A girl is in my house! A cute one too! Tatsuya thought as he brought the first aid kit back to Makoto who was sat on his couch. Being so flustered, he shoddily bandaged her hands up and walked her back to her house which actually wasn't far from his.

"He turns out to be a third year in junior high." Makoto explained, flashing the team her hands that were bandaged weirdly. "He's quite adorable."

Tsukishima grabbed her bandaged hand, grimacing slightly. "Seeing this, you'd think a grade schooler did it."

"Hey, don't be mean."

"Take her to the infirmary, Tsukishima." Daichi ordered, giving the two a warm smile.

"Eh? Why me?" Tsukishima muttered, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Daichi shrugged, pushing the two out the door. "You're the closest."

He shut the door behind them, leaving the two outside alone. Despite not wanting to do it, Tsukishima still turned on his heels and began his journey to the nurse's office. "Hurry up."

Makoto visibly perked up, flashing his back a small grin. "Okay."

When they arrived, Tsukishima waited by the door for Makoto who was getting her hands properly bandaged up by the nurse. Her cuts were quite large, needing disinfectant and a bit more bandage than she had before.

"I feel like a mummy." Makoto said as she stared down at her bandaged hands. Tsukishima, who walked beside her, glanced down at her hands and snickered.

"Good luck trying to do anything without hurting yourself today." He smirked slightly, watching her eyes widen with realization.

"Oh snap. You're right."

[ t i m e s k i p ]

School ended as usual, allowing the students to leave. Club activities were canceled today, seeing as Coach Ukai wanted them to rest properly before the upcoming matches.

Since they were allowed to go home, the volleyball team walked together towards the school gate. They'd all agreed to go out to a family restaurant and treat themselves for no reason at all. Makoto was also offering to pay half the bill, so everyone was eager to go.

"What's that?" Kageyama asked as he noticed a giant swarm of girls in front of the school. Their squealing and gushing reminded him of a certain someone. He was immediately on guard, Oikawa-san?!

As the volleyball team quietly walked past the group, the person in the middle quickly emerged, running at them. Everyone jumped with surprise when Makoto was attacked in a hug, being slightly crushed in this large male's arms.

An upperclassmen? Everyone thought, watching Makoto get completely smothered by this male. Is this a friend from Okinawa?

"Makoto, hey!" The male exclaimed, putting Makoto back down on her feet. He grinned down at her, completely focused on her and not the twelve males that surrounded them. "I've looking all over for you!"

Makoto straightened out her uniform, faintly smiling up at the male.

"Nakamura-kun?"