- six : house

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

Makoto paused in her tracks, bending down to tie her loose shoelace. Bunny ears. Wrap around. Pull.

Before she could stand up from the ground, she felt someone bump into her back. She fell forward, quickly catching herself by placing her hands on the concrete. Close.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry!" The woman exclaimed as she balanced groceries in her hand while holding out her free hands to help Makoto up. "I didn't see you there! I'm so sorry!"

Makoto politely took the woman's hand, using majority of her own strength to push herself off the ground. "Thank you, Miss. It's okay."

"I was so busy trying to get home that I wasn't watching where I was going!" The woman exclaimed, dropping one of her bags of groceries. "Shoot! Not again!"

Makoto quickly bent down, picking up the bag from the ground. It's kind of heavy. "Can I lend you hand with these?"

The woman wanted to decline, feeling guilty for doing this, but ending up accepting anyway. Makoto ended up taking two of the bags while the woman held one.

"My older son is out at work, and my younger son is busy studying with his friend, so I couldn't ask them for help." The woman laughed sheepishly, glancing at Makoto who towered over her by a few inches. She's so tall!

"It's dangerous to walk around with too many groceries. If you ever need help, feel free to ask me." Makoto said politely, smiling over at the woman who looked touched.

"Thank you, sweetie! That's so kind!"

The two females talked about everything and anything, making their way over to the woman's house to deliver these groceries.

Once they arrived, she knocked on the door and waited for someone to open the door.

Noticing Makoto's curious stare, the woman laughed sheepishly. "I forgot my keys inside."

Moments later, the door swung open to reveal the male who was supposed to be her son. His body went stiff as he saw his mother standing with this female.

"Oh." Both Makoto and Tsukishima said in unison as they made eye contact with one another.

"You know each other?" His mother asked, handing the male the bag she held.

He took it, nodding curtly. He bent down, taking one bag from Makoto's hands, leaving her with the other one. "Classmate."

"I'm the third group member of his project. I didn't know a ball of sunshine like you was the mother of him." Makoto said as she leisurely shuffled behind Tsukishima with the grocery bag in hand. His mother laughed softly, thanking Makoto for her compliment.

After assisting with the putting away of groceries, she and Tsukishima returned to the blond's room where Yamaguchi was sat on the floor.

"Yo." Makoto greeted upon meet Yamaguchi's dark brown eyes. She plopped beside him, crossing her legs while placing her backpack on the table. "I'm not late, am I?"

Yamaguchi quickly shook his head, flashing her a reassuring smile. "You're fine. We didn't even start yet."

Tsukishima took a seat on the other side of the table, sighing softly as he picked up his notebook. "Did you do your research I told you to do?"

His honey-colored eyes flitted in Makoto's direction, noticing how the female was busy digging through her back.

"I wrote out a bunch of stuff we could use for this presentation." Makoto admitted, pulling out her notebook that had a bunch of sticky notes coming out of it. She covered it with her hand for a brief moment. "Don't look at it. I was sorting out the pages last night, so it looks ugly."