Placing the notebook into Tsukishima's outstretched hand, she leaned back as he opened it up, reading the contents. Her eyes were trained on his countenance, taking note of how his face would slightly shift when he read something he found interesting or surprising.

"How long did this take you?" Yamaguchi asked, eyeing the pages full of notes with citations from its sources.

Makoto shrugged, "I started when I got home after club and fell asleep around two." She answered casually.

"You must be tired." Yamaguchi uttered with a small grimace, noticing the bags under her eyes.

As soon as he pointed it out, Makoto's head slammed against the table while she sighed. "Yes, I'm super tired. I haven't had decent sleep in almost three weeks."

"Ehh? Why's that?" Yamaguchi asked, visibly worried about Makoto who remained with her head down on the table.

Makoto grunted softly, "My body's still stuck in Okinawa mode, so I automatically get up at 5am everyday. My sleeping schedule is just messed up."

Tsukishima glanced up from her notebook for a moment, taking in her slightly pale complexion. She did look pretty pasty.

"I wanna sleep." Makoto mumbled softly, closing her eyes.

"Then sleep."

Makoto's eyes opened, sliding in the direction of Tsukishima who sat in front of her. His elbows was rested on the table to support his chin that sat in the palm of his hand. "Hm?"

"Sleep. There's a bed right there. Unless you wanna sleep in a box?" Tsukishima rose an eyebrow at Makoto, nearly snickering at the surprised look on her face. "Hurry up before I change my mind."

"What about the project...?"

Tsukishima lifted her notebook and shook it lightly. "I think this will suffice."

After a bit of arguing, Makoto ended up on Tsukishima's bed with a blanket draped over her body. She was curled up in the middle of his bed with her face buried in his pillow.

"She's knocked out." Yamaguchi chuckled, noticing how Makoto was quietly snoring. "To let her sleep was actually really nice of you, Tsukki."

Tsukishima's thinned eyes flickered upwards to meet the green haired male's ones. "Shut up, Yamaguchi."

"Gomen, Tsukki!"

[ t i m e s k i p ]

When Makoto awoke, she was greeted by a dark, empty room. She sat up, glancing around stiffly. Uh? Where am I again?

After a moment of racking her brain to recall where she was, the door swung open and the lights turned on. She blinked quickly, adjusting to the sudden light.

Tsukishima stood at the door with a brownie in his hand and another brownie in his mouth. "Oh, you're up, sleeping beauty."

"So you think I'm a beauty when I sleep?" Makoto joked, getting out of his bed to collect her bag and stuff. "Yamaguchi went home? What time is it?"

"He's long gone. It's like seven already." Tsukishima answered, glaring at Makoto who snatched the brownie out of his hand and popped it into her mouth.

"And the project?"

"It's almost done." Tsukishima rolled his eyes at Makoto. "Any other questions I can answer for you, Detective Nitwit?"

"Hmmm," Makoto hummed softly, tapping her chin in thought. "Nah."

Tsukishima followed the female down the hall, watching as she made her way to the door after saying goodbye to his mother.

"Well, see you at school." Makoto nodded, stepping out of the doorway to head on her way.

"Aren't you walking her home?" His mother called from behind the blond, making both Makoto and Tsukishima pause. Before Tsukishima could answer, Makoto quickly held up a hand and smiled politely.

"Ah, that's okay, Hitomi-san. I live quite far, and I think it'll be too troublesome for him to come all the way out there for nothing. I'll be fine on my own. Thank you for everything." With that, Makoto bowed politely and turned on her heels.

Before she got too far, she turned around, lifting an arm to wave lazily. The toothy grin sat upon her lips as she smiled warmly at Tsukishima from afar.

"See you later, Kei."