The male came and touched his wrist, checking his pulse. For a moment, he thought of pulling his hand away just to spite them, but what could he achieve by that? He was in Summer Coven and this coven was filled with filth.

"He is doing good, Fia," the male said with a sigh. "For a second, I thought I lost him."

The metallic creak made his turn towards the female. She was on a metal chair. More specifically, a wheelchair. A warm woollen shawl was covering her legs. As if they were hideous.

"W-what is going on?" he asked, his voice tiny.

The female touched his forehead. "What do you remember last, child?"

He but his lips. Could he trust them?

After all, the ones who chased him out and the one who killed his parents mercilessly was a male whom his father thought as a brother.

"Fia," the male reprimanded. "Let him take his time."

The female sighed as she pinned him down with her warm brown eyes. "We are not from Summer Coven."

He let out a breath he did not know he was holding in.

"F-fire," he muttered.

The female inhaled sharply. "What is your name?"

There was a warmth in her voice that he could not miss. Yet he did not give her the answer. If the Omicron found about this, he was sure, she would take his life.

"It's time for him to nap again," the male said, bringing in a syringe. "The more he sleeps, the less pain he might feel."

**********

The next time he woke up, warm porridge was waiting for him. Fia gave him a smile that rivalled the sunshine in winter and urged him to sit up.

"Want to have some?" she asked.

He nodded. His stomach grumbled the second he inhaled that food.

Her smile widened. That was when he swore he would make this female smile for the rest of her life. She gave him a chance.

He opened his mouth when she brought the spoon closer.

As she fed him, the memory of his mother feeding him rose to his mind. Ruthai Sitwat had been an amazing cook. She often cooked new recipes that all turned somehow good. As much as the porridge did not have the taste his mother made, it still had that warmth. That care.

Tears welled in his eyes up as she pressed some buttons to move the wheelchair to the nearby sink to wash the dishes. He would never forget this kindness.

Before she could turn, he wiped his face with his free hand and gave her a tiny smile.

"Can you tell me your name?" she asked. "I am Fia."

"Niran Chankul," he replied.

*********

His days with the couple was fine. More than fine. They helped him heal slowly. There had been days when he threw tantrums and they patiently waited for him to calm down. Days when he wanted to lock in his room, Fia gave the food and left quickly. When he had nightmares, they held him in their tight embrace.

After five years with them, he began to accept them as parents Kamaria sent to him.

After finishing the piano piece, he closed it gently. After all, it belonged to Fia's mother. He walked out to see the female enjoying the december flowers.

Smiling at that, he went to her. "It's cold. I will take you back."

"Nonsense," she swatted his hands when he was about to take them back. "The weather is good. It's just five in the evening. Let me enjoy more."