20. Pawn.

Chapter 20:

"NO!"

My body surged towards the phone before both sides of my elbrows were gripped. "NO!" I threw my arms down sharply before I turned to slap whoever dared touched me. Crixus held his mouth in disbelief before the three boys tried to subdue me.

But I went into a fit of rage. All I could see was red..

Not Ethan..

Not my brother.

Gripping Lorenzos hand into my palm, I twisted right then left-surely snapping it- in just a matter of seconds before he held his hand like he had never witnessed something like that before. He looked up again with a pure hatred for me in this moment. "Calm down." Sage tried to next but my target wasn't them. Turning to Nicholai that held a stable look to his face, I launched at him.

"YOU DID THIS!" I screamed but Crixus- holding the most muscles out of the group- wrapped his arms around my waist from behind before trying to carry me somewhere far away from Nicholai.  We didn't have the best relationship with each other to even do each other any favors but he could have at least did me this one. Just one. He saw how desperate I was to get him back and he just let him go.

We did all of this for nothing.

I clawed at Crixus to let me go but he held me like an unbreakable vine. "Olivia." I heard his faint laughter and I swore to get revenge; we'll see who gets the last laugh.

I stopped my rustling about. "La tua testa sarà il mio cadavers!" I hissed through my teeth.

"Would you like to speak to your brother?" Gerardo innocently said but I knew it was a trick and his way to get at me and right now he won. "Say hello to your sister boy."

We waited.

I heard something resembled like a kick before I heard a groan. My body froze just hearing my brother call out to me. "Liv.." My brothers voice was weak as he began coughing loudly before I heard his cry again. "Liv..."

He was still alive?

"I would advise Nicholai to make a better decision this time or the next one goes straight to his heart."

"You shouldn't have shot him at all." I shrugged off Crixus once he let up on his hold on me. "Nicholai what does he want?!"

"Tick tock.. Tick tock.." Gerardo hummed to himself.

"He wants me to turn over my empire so he can rule the Italian line in the west." I tilted my head to the side in pure disbelief. So he told the truth about the dominance piece to this wicked story.

"Oh no, do tell her the rest." Gerardo cheered.

"He has a daughter.."

"Her name is Amelia." Gerardo corrected him. "After all.. she is your soon to be wife."

The room stopped.

"Well isn't that some shit." Sergio whispered what everyone was thinking in this moment.

"You have one hour." Gerardo disconnected the line before Nicholai threw the phone against the nearby wall, shattering it into pieces.

                       *•—-•••————•••——-•••—•*

           "We have to take the deal." I followed after Nicholai into his office. He rustled about, opening and slamming drawers without a single word in my direction. His arm accidentally brushed against his chair and he snarled to himself before I watched the chair go into a fit of trauma, spinning around until it hit the wall away from him.