I slept over but nothing happened.

Start from the beginning

I grabbed my cup of coffee and Allen's leash and took him outside. He was pretty happy to be let out for a bit, obviously having needed to use the bathroom. When he was done he came up to me as I sat on the steps. I gave him a pet on the head and he buried his way into my lap, resting his head on my bump. It made me smile how cuddly this dog would get with me.

"Come on boy, let's go back in." I said to him once I finished my coffee. When we got back into the flat I went to the kitchen and remembered that Matty got me ice cream last night. I pulled it out of the freezer and grabbed a spoon. I opened the lid and started eating it straight from the tub. Matty walked into the kitchen fully clothed and made a face at me.

"It's not even midday and you're eating ice cream for breakfast?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant, don't judge." I said with a mouthful of ice cream.

"Well at least you're eating it and I didn't have to go to Tesco last night for nothing." He chuckled.

"I took Allen out by the way." I told him, licking off the rest of the ice cream from the spoon.

"Oh good." He nodded, giving Allen a look. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it." I smiled and put the spoon in the sink. I put the remainder of the ice cream back in the freezer. "I'm good whenever you are."

-

I sat in Frankie and Benny's waiting on Nessa to arrive, for some reason I turned up before her. I'm shocked at that since I had to go back to mines, shower and get dressed. "Alyssa." Nessa said loudly, walking up to my table.

"Ness." I smiled at her. She sat down across from me and the smile on her face was unbeatable. She just looked over the moon.

"So we have a lot to discuss." She clasped her hands together in front of her on the table.

"Firstly, how did he propose?" I asked her.

"He took me where we went to eat on our first date and then a walk through the park near our flat, to look at the stars as he said." She beamed.

"That's a risky one." I chuckled. "You either get stabbed or a happy ending with a walk in the park in London."

"I was lucky last night." She laughed.

"It sounds really nice though." I smiled.

"It was romantic and just so out of the blue, I honestly had no idea." She shook her head. "Thanks for helping him."

"You've no idea how hard it was to keep that a secret Ness." I told her. "Let's see it." I nodded towards her hand. She held out her hand with the ring on it and I grinned. "It's so nice, it looks perfect on you."

"I'm just so glad you helped him pick this ring, you know me too well." She smiled.

"I'm glad he asked me, could you imagine if he got Matty or something to help him?" I shook my head laughing.

"Probably a nightmare." She chuckled. "So how did last night go then?"

"It went really well, thanks for suggesting it." I said to her.

"It's not a problem Lyss, Matty was going on about being nervous and it clicked." She said. "I said to my cousin and then she was happy to help, I thought it might've been short notice but they were happy to get a night away from Mia."

"He was really good with her." I told Ness. "He was hesitant at first but then it just sorta came naturally to him."

"I'm surprised but happy to hear that." She nodded. "I think he needed some reassurance that he will be able to take care of a baby when it comes down to it."