Abandoned

They put me in the back of the family car and told me, in a stupid voice, that I was going to the beach for a nice long walk. I loved the beach. I loved the soft, warm feeling of the sand on my paws, my paws barely touching the sand as I ran. I loved the cool coastal breeze and how it made my ears dance and fly far behind my head. I loved seeing the vast open space in-front of me and the untouched sand; I loved how it called out to me, begging me to leave my paw prints behind. I loved the taste of ice cream that my people sneakily gave me under the table. They often laughed when the smallest amount happily sat on my nose, and dared me to try and get it. I loved all the different smells that graced me with their  presence. The best smell was the sea. The rich, salty smell and all the different smells of the fish. But most of all, I loved being with my people. They were so friendly and loving to me, They fed me, Walked me, bathed me, Spoiled me and loved me no matter what. My people were to me, the best any dog could ask for.

I felt the car slow and skid around a sharp corner. Were we there already? I barked and wagged my tail excitedly. The car stopped suddenly, I flew forward in the car, but I didn't care. I was excited for my walk. I looked out the back window, looking for the sea. I couldn't see it. It was too dark to see anything; I couldn't smell the sea either. Maybe this was a new place! The car door opened, my lead was slipped on and I was dragged out of the car. I'd never been dragged before. I whined and sat down. I was dragged again, and again repeatedly. There were no lights. I had to use my nose. This place smelt interesting. My lead was extended and I walked in front of my master, guiding him, because he couldn't see and  I had a good nose.

They'd put me in the back of the car, Told me I was going to the beach for a walk. They'd lied. Now I was tied up, to a cold metal pole. Alone, cold and very scared. I didn't like this new place anymore. It smelt of burning rubber, fuel and rotting things, Not a comforting smell. The ground felt hard and lumpy, filled with rubbish from the over flowing bin nearby. There were used pointy objects everywhere, They reminded me of the vet. I wanted to be there now. I was scared. It was too noisy here, cars rushing past me. Before cars had been a signal for a trip, but now they were monsters, running after each other, and growling when they got annoyed. Each growl louder and more scary. My people were nowhere near me, I couldn't smell them either. I longed to be with them, in their house. I want my bed, my warm and cosy bed. My people would be back soon, wouldn't they? Because they love me, and I love them.