Chapter 62: Switcheroo

~Nico~

Lilly brushed the hair away from my eyes and kissed me on the forehead. "I'll be back in a couple minutes."

She disappeared in glittering snow. I couldn't help but smile slightly. She seriously is the best girlfriend ever. I mean, I am sick. I feel terrible. I just don't want her doing everything for me.

I waited in bed for her to come back. About ten minutes later, she came back. She smiled at me. There was something different, but I couldn't exactly figure it out.

"What did you have to get?" I asked.

"Oh, just, um...this headband," she replied, putting a black headband on her head.

"Um...alright."

She sat down on the bed. "Nico, we need to talk."

"About what?"

"Us."

"What's wrong?"

I was started to get worried. The only time Lilly and I talk about our relationship is if we say stuff like nothing will happen to us because we love each other.

"Lilly, what's wrong with us?" I asked.

"I think it's not really working out for us. I'm sorry, but I think it's over," she said.

I quickly pulled her towards me and kissed her. That's when I knew it wasn't Lilly. I pulled back and stared at her.

"Bella! What...the flip...did you do...with...my...girlfriend?" I snapped.

"Oh, ya know, just kinda put her in a closet," she said.

I grasped her shoulders. "Where is she?!"

"In a closet! I didn't hurt her. Don't worry!"

"Go get her now!" I screamed.

She ran out and in a few minutes, she walked in with my girlfriend. Lilly had tears streaking her beautiful face. She ran over to me and hugged me. She looked back to Bella.

"Get away from us! And never, ever kiss my boyfriend again!" Lilly screamed.

Bella ran away leaving Lilly and me. I looked at her and hugged her tightly.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"No! Nico, you kissed her!"

"I thought she was you, Lilly! Bella is a freaking Aphrodite girl! She already looks like you and she made me believe she was you! I didn't mean to do it!"

"But you still did and you promised it wouldn't happen! She tried to break us up, Nico!" Lilly yelled.

"I love you and you know that! I though it was you that was breaking up with me, Lilly!"

"Well, it wasn't! I was tied up in a freaking closet! I have rope burn, Nico!"

"I didn't know this would happen! Do you really want to know how I feel? I feel terrible! I'm weak, tired, burning up, and really sick! Just leave me alone, Lillian!" I screamed at her.

She got a really frightened look on her face and she started shaking. I couldn't believe what I had just done.

"Oh, gods. Lilly-"

"No, Nico. I'll leave you alone. Maybe Bella was right. Maybe-"

I interrupted her by kissing her. I pulled away from her and looked deeply into her glistening eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I love you, Lillian. Please, don't do this," I pleaded.

I'll admit it. I almost started crying. I was now feeling even worse than I was before. Her hands trembled as she put her hands on my shoulders.

"Nico," she started, her voice shaking, "please-"

"No, Lilly. Please don't do this. You can't leave me."

"I'm not going to. I-I'm sorry. I know you didn't mean to. She just..." she took a shaky breath. "She just tied me up in that closet. I have burns around my waist and around my ankles. And she has my shoes."

I managed a faint laugh. "Are we good?"

She smiled. "Yeah, we're good. I'm sorry I yelled at you, Nico."

"Hey, I yelled back. I honestly thought she was you. Then she said we were basically breaking up and I kissed her. I knew there was something different, but I honestly couldn't tell until I kissed her. You don't know how sorry I am-"

Her lips touched mine, then she smiled. "It's fine. I'm alright and so are you."

Her lips brushed against mine and I smiled. I put my warm forehead against hers.

"I love you, Lillian." I whispered against her lips.

"I love you too, Nico," she replied.

I suddenly felt really weak and I fell back down. My eyes were drooping shut. Lilly looked down at me with worry in her beautiful eyes.

"I'm alright. I promise," I managed.

"No, Nico, you're not alright. What do you want me to get you?"

"Nothing. I'm fine."

She felt my face and frowned. "Nico, you're even warmer than before!"

"I'm fine," I pressed.

She rolled her eyes and stood up. She went over to the couch and sat down.

"You could've stayed over here by me! You were tied up. Don't you want some company?" I asked.

"I'm fine for now. Like you said, I was tied up in a closet. Give me space," she replied.

I laughed. "Well, I would like one thing."

"And what might that be?" she asked, looking back at me.

I glanced down at her lips. They were shiny and I smirked. "A kiss."

"Nico, I've already kissed you, like, three or four times and you are sick!"

"Please?" I begged.

She rolled her eyes and walked back over to me slowly. She leaned towards me, and when her lips almost touched mine, she pulled back.

"In your dreams," she said with a smirk.

"Playing hard to get, huh? Yeah, that's hot."

She stared at me for a moment. "Pathetic. Very, very pathetic."

"Just kiss me!"

She giggled and continued smiling as her lips softly touched mine. I started kissing her back hard. We broke apart and I stared at her.

I smiled at her. "Mm. Strawberry!"