Chapter 38: Actual Date

~Nico~

"Here we are!" Percy said, pointing out to the sand at the beach.

I looked and there was a blanket with small candles. Lilly looked over to me, not looking up because of the heels she was wearing, and smiled. She looked over to Annabeth and Piper.

"You do realize I'm taking these things off, right?" she asked.

"Yeah, I figured you would," Gabby said. "Now go eat! You guys can talk and just be together and be all cutesy. Once you're done, we have something else."

"Alright, whatever," I said, looking over at Lilly. "Well, right this way, I guess."

Lilly giggled and she took her shoes off. She was back to the height she was and we started making our way down to the blanket. Yes, it was slowly getting dark at this point, so the candles did look nice. I sat down and Lilly sat across from me, bending her legs and leaning on her hip and hand. Her hair blew slightly in the gentle breeze coming off of the lake. I stared at her for a moment.

"Nico, stop staring at me," Lilly said.

I shook my head and looked down. "Sorry, Lills."

"It's fine. Now can we eat? I'm kinda hungry."

I chuckled. "Yeah, sure. Let's see what they gave us."

I looked down and sitting between us was lasagna. It actually looked really good, but that's coming from someone that doesn't eat very much. Lilly started eating and I did too.

"So has Nick still been flirting with you if I'm not around?" I asked.

"Not really. I keep catching him staring at me, but that's all that's happened as of now. I mean, we just got to camp, Nico. There hasn't been a ton of things that have went on yet," Lilly said.

"If he ever does if I'm not around, make sure to tell me. You know I don't like it."

"Oh, I know. Nico, I'm a big girl. I can handle things myself. You might be my boyfriend, but you don't have to protect me like I'm the greatest thing in the world."

"But you are the greatest thing in the world. Especially to me. That's why I'm so protective of you," I said softly.

I could see her face turning pink in the soft glow of the candles. We ate in silence for a while. I stopped eating because I wasn't hungry anymore. Lilly had finished too. I smiled at her and she smiled back. I could see our friends coming over to us.

"Alright! Well, that was probably the most boring thing I have ever watched," Gabby said. "I'll admit it. You two do not know how to act adorable together on dates."

"Gabby, that's why we're alone most of the time. We act adorable together all the time if it's just us. Now, what's next?" Lilly asked.

"A nice moonlit walk along the beach together," Genevieve said.

"Maybe something interesting will happen," Ash said.

~Gabby~

After watching their super boring conversation during their meal from Bunker 9, we went back out to them.

"Alright! Well, that was probably the most boring thing I have ever watched," I said. "I'll admit it. You two do not know how to act adorable together on dates."

"Gabby, that's why we're alone most of the time. We act adorable together all the time if it's just us. Now, what's next?" Lilly asked.

"A nice moonlit walk along the beach together," Genevieve said.