1

Erin's POV

I woke up to the sound of the clock. 6 am. I sat on the edge of the bed, waking up slowly. I really do hate mornings.

"Come back to bed" John said, putting his arms around my waist and pulling me to him. "I can't. I have to go to work" I replied. He groaned. "I know, so do I. I wish we could stay in bed all day" he said. "Me too" I replied as I leaned in and placed a kiss on his mouth. I stood up and headed to the bathroom. I took off all my clothes and I got in the shower. Life was finally good again. But I was scared of what would happen the following week.

I got dressed and headed to the kitchen where John was waiting for me, all suit up. He handed me a cup of coffee and french toasts. "Thanks" I said. 

"So?..." he asked, as I looked at him confused. And he continued "...Are you ready to go back to Chicago after so many years?". I hadn't returned to Chicago since I left 4 years ago. I hadn't talked to anybody, except for Hank and Kim. And I was nervous, yes, but I would never admit it to anybody, not even John. "Yeah, it's not a big deal" I replied. 

I kissed him, and I grabbed my badge and my gun. "See you" I said as I headed out. While I was driving to work, I couldn't stop thinking about Chicago. I couldn't stop thinking about everything I left behind when I moved to New York, my new home. Yeah, at first it was hard. I was still in love with Jay. I missed my friends. I missed Hank. I missed the unit. But everything was good now. And just because I was going back to Chicago for a few days, things didn't have to change. I liked my work, FBI had turned out to be awesome. A lot of action. And John was so nice to me, we had been going out for 2 years. It wasn't like Jay and I at all. He opened up to me, and that's something I always wanted Jay to do, but he never did. And yet, there was something about Jay, something that made me wonder what would had happened if I had stayed in Chicago. And that thought came to me every night before going to bed. 

I finished my last fanfic and I didnt feel how I thought I would, so I decided to start a new one. It will be about Linstead, obviously, but I'm not so sure what is going to happen yet.