XIX

KIM TAEHYUNG

    It's not even Winter yet, but it has been freezing cold the last couple of days. Tuesday we had our first bit of snow but it was all just a wet gross substance so it didn't stay for that long.

    But today it's Saturday. And when I woke up and opened the curtains, I was blinded by the sun reflecting on the thick layer of snow covering the streets, cars, bikes, everything!

    I felt my body tremble slightly from the cold air hanging in my room. My hands were frozen as they didn't stay under my blanket when I was sleeping

    Desperately wanting to put on my ugliest but most warm sweater and get a cup of hot chocolate to go watch a movie with a nice blanket, remembering I was going out with Jeongguk stopped me in my tracks.

    A smile plastered on my face at the reminder and I hop toward my closet to grab some warm brown pants and my favorite white sweater. It has a tiny snowman on the left side of my chest.

    I rush towards the bathroom for a nice warm shower, deciding not to wet my hair. After I'm done in the bathroom I go downstairs and make myself breakfast. It's already noon but I'll let my parents sleep as they had a stressful week at work.

    After eating breakfast, I go upstairs again to brush my teeth, and just when I'm walking down the stairs I hear someone knock on the door.

    Excitedly I open the door and I'm met with a smiling Jeongguk.

    "Hey," I smile a little shyly and let him get into my house. He greets me back, not so shyly, and asks me if I'm ready to go with him. He's really excited, making me curious to see what he's planned.

~•~

    "Just tell me what we're going to do!" I whine, giggling afterward. He just grabs my hand as we walk through the forest, dragging me along.

    It was nice feeling his warm hands in my cold ones. But it did make me wonder how he could be this warm. He's not wearing really warm clothes and he didn't put his hands in his pocket to keep them warm.

    "Look!" Jeongguk draws my attention and when I look at where he's gesturing, I see a small blanket in front of a big frozen lake. The blanket keeps a box off the ground and two cozy pillows.

    "I hope I've got the right size and that you're horrible at ice skating," Jeongguk smirks as he walks towards the box and opens it to get two pairs of skates out of them. "But they're adjustable so it'll be fine."

    I didn't know what to say as this was the best thing someone has ever done. I was surprised Jeongguk came up with something like this, to be honest.

    "Do you even like things like this?" He asks a bit nervously and I realized I hadn't said anything, just staring at my beautiful surroundings and processing what Jeongguk had planned for us.

    "Oh my ghost, yes! Sorry, I love it," I exclaim and walk his way. He smiles happily, "really?" I nod and launch forwards to hug him. I felt him freeze in my embrace and for a moment I regretted my actions, but then his arms circled around me as well and he hugs me back tightly.

    Such a nice warm hug.

    "I've never ice skated before," I confess and look at the lake. Where I lived, we never had Autumns or Winters this cold. Sure we had places where they made ice so you can skate on there but I never went.

    "I'll teach you," Jeongguk smiles.

    I watch as Jeongguk walks toward the frozen lake. He carefully places a foot on the ice. Without realizing it, I hold my breath, hoping he won't sink through it. But the layer of ice was thick enough for Jeongguk to stand on. He even makes a little bit of a jumping movement and all seems to be completely fine.