IV

Late update, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, whether you celebrate it or not. Will publish next chapter Sunday morning <3

KIM TAEHYUNG

    "Hey, Tae!" I turned around to see Namjoon once again.

    It's weird how Yoongi talks so badly about him even though I feel the exact opposite when around Namjoon. Yoongi makes it seem like he's dangerous and should be avoided while I've never seen him without his warm smile or noticed him being mean to someone.

    "Our last class for today," Namjoon says enthusiastically and greets Yoongi as well. I could see that Yoongi doesn't like to leave me alone with Namjoon, yet he bid me goodbye and tells me to wait outside the classroom after so he can get me.

    I totally forgot I'm going with him after class! Reminding me I should text my mother but my phone is in my locker as it's one of the rules in this school.

    "He's so cute, you're lucky he likes you," Namjoon chuckles, and I laugh as well. I can already imagine how Yoongi would react to being called cute. But then his next words hit me.

    "What do you mean?"

    "Well, as you may have noticed, Yoongi doesn't have that many friends. This is not because he can't make friends or whatever but because he rejects everyone, and tries to avoid socializing. I wonder what made him so attached to you. I mean, of course, you're such a sweet and nice and funny person but Yoongi normally doesn't really care for that," Namjoon says.

    I frown, feeling a bit out of place with the new information. I never noticed how Yoongi distances himself from everyone until now. He seems to dislike something about anyone around us. He's so suspicious about others. Maybe I never noticed because he's my friend.

    Why didn't he push me away? He was even the one approaching me.

    "Well, don't think too much of it. He seems to be a good friend to you," Namjoon says and opens the door to our next class. I walk in, wanting to react but my heart stopped beating as the only students I saw were three guys I was supposed to avoid at all costs and 1 I don't know.

    Jeongguk was the first to look up at me, and I froze once our eyes lock again.

    Namjoon walks past me and sits next to who I think is Jimin, the one I think is named Hoseok sits next to the guy I don't know and Jeongguk sits alone.

    I was definitely not planning on sitting next to him in the back of the class, but when a chaotic woman walks in, greets me, and tells me to sit next to the one guy I both wanted and absolutely didn't want to avoid, I felt like I had no other choice.

    So I walk past the other tables, catching a smirk from Namjoon. Did he know? I arrive at the free place next to Jeongguk and sit down without looking at him. I try to ignore his stare at all costs but when he starts speaking I couldn't ignore him anymore.

    His voice sounds like honey, sweet, melodic, a little bit deep but not too much. My voice is deeper, however, his holds more authority.

    "You're the new student, hmm?" The way he hums made my stomach full of butterflies. I try to ignore those and carefully look up at him.

    "Y-Yes. I'm Taehyung," I say, trying to speak normally but it feels like my throat is being squeezed shut. The warm glow I normally feel when talking to someone new takes place in my head and chest again, overwhelming me with nerves. I felt dizzy and ready to pass out, but his hand suddenly holds my bare arm as a worried frown rests on his face. A gesture that made all of these feelings just fade in a split second.

    "Are you okay?" he asks in such a soft way. I couldn't believe it was actually him. I nod quickly and look at my front, toward the teacher.

    What the hell is happening?

    Jeongguk luckily didn't talk to me again as we all listened to the teacher's speech about her cats, not really anything about speaking Dutch or the Netherlands.

    I decided to look at what Namjoon is doing. He immediately sat next to Jimin, which makes me wonder if Yoongi was actually right. I never once saw Namjoon around the three famous guys in school, I thought Yoongi made the whole 'he hangs with those three guys' up. But the way he casually sat down next to Jimin and started chatting with him tells me differently.

    Then why not talk with them outside this class?

    I look at the stranger and Hoseok to see the guy blush and look at Hoseok from time to time while Hoseok himself doesn't really give him attention.

    "So... what did Yoongi tell you about us?" Jeongguk asks. I look to the side a bit startled and he chuckles when he notices. I blush at his laugh, loving his beautiful smile.

    Oh my ghoul, Tae. Stop!

    "W-Well... Err..." I didn't know what to say to that. I don't want them to get angry at Yoongi but I can't lie. I'm a terrible liar.

    "Don't worry, you don't have to tell me," he grins and looks at his front for a brief second before looking back. As if I already gave him the information he wanted to know.

    "You know Yoongi by his name?" I ask and see his posture change a little before he relaxes again and nods.

    "We used to share class," he says. Apparently, I'm not the only bad liar here.

    "Why did you move here? Not many people decide to move to this god-forgotten village," Jeongguk asks, changing the subject but I'd rather have him lying to me again.

    "Taehyungie... why don't you come with me? We can dance together and have some fun," she smiles as she pecks my cheeks. I wasn't in the mood to go out, but she convinced me to. She always knew how to change my mind with her sweet gestures.

    "Just because," I say and shrug before turning towards the teacher again. But I gasp softly and look back immediately when I feel a hand on my thigh.

    "You're a bad liar," he smirks. I felt my cheeks heat up and a shiver run down my back. Why do I not mind his hand on my thigh at all?

    But I shouldn't give in to it. He's the kind of person I desperately try to avoid. I'm not interested in anything like this. I should despise it. I do despise it. So why not with him???

    "You're not much better at it," I smile and push his hand off. I see his eyes widen a little but can only think about how I just want to hold his hand, they feel so nicely warm and big.

    After another twenty minutes, we're finally done with this class. I got to learn some new Dutch words but after a quick look at the grammar, I know I'm going to fail this class a hundred percent sure.

    I get up the moment the teacher dismisses us and want to rush out of the classroom but a soft yet firm grip on my wrist stops me from doing so.

    I flinch softly, gulping as I slowly turn to see Jeongguk looking at me.

    "I'm sorry, you're right," he says and it took me off guard. What was I right about again? He seems to have noticed my confusion and chuckles, showing off his white teeth.

    "About me lying to you. I knew Yoongi before we shared classes. We just don't get along all that well and didn't want to make you uncomfortable," he says, making me gulp. He's so attractive...

    "It's okay." I smiled shyly before getting my hand out of his grip and rushing out of the room. There Yoongi waits for me.

    "Finally. My class ended earlier than it normally would," he murmurs and puts his arm around my shoulders again. I grin and look at him. He sighs.

    "Okay, I was sent out of class," he says, making me giggle.

    "What are you laughing at? It's an easy class anyway," he chuckles, smiling at me as we make our way down the stairs.

    How can someone as nice as he is, reject so many people, and avoid others? When he talks or laughs with me like this, I'd think he has many friends!

    Guess people aren't exactly who we think they are.