10

Karn laughed seeing Tay try for the nth time to get Pete's attention away from Anon and his colorbook. Then Pete looked up from the book he was immersed in and picked the cute little toddler to sit on his other lap.

"Hey.." he pecked on the little boy's hair. "You wanna color with uncle and P'Aim?"

Tay pouted. "No wanna" he huffed cutely, folding his arms and looked away. He was sulky. What was so good about that snow white boy who never spoke cutely or did funny things like him?

Pete laughed at that. "Aww.. seems someone is jealous here.. uncle Pete found you a new play partner. Don't you wanna play with your phi?" He coaxed the boy again who shot Anon a cute glare who didn't even spare him a glance by the way and looked away again. No he wont!

Pete let out a laugh and kissed both boys. Oh he so wanted them to be friends. 

"Oh.. this is gonna be a war" Karn laughed again.

Pete put Anon down with a sigh. He didn't want to let go of his son at all ever since he officially became his son but still, Aim won't look up from his book and Tay was his weakness too, so went to play with Tay. Anon who was still so focused on coloring, not aware of his surroundings didn't even care a bit. He didn't even look up when Tay giggled so loudly riding Pete's back.

The little toddler thought the snow white phi would come play with them too or atleast find them more interesting than that little book but Anon paid them no heed, disappointing the child. Should he bury the book? No but his dad will beat him.

"Pete your phone son" Karn picked up the mobile that rang and smiled when Anon looked up and obediently took the phone from her hand to take to his papa.

Pete was currently playing horse for Tay and stopped to pick the call and ruffle Anon's hair.

"Yeah.." he was huffing.

"What are you doing?" Mork's voice sounded suspicious.

Pete clicked his tongue. "I'm a horse" he ignored Mork's sneers. "Done? Talk to me"

"Yeah.. apparently Mr. Ryder had a heart attack, he was taken into surgery, reason why he couldn't make it here"

"He what?" Pete stood up abruptly, putting Tay down beside Aim and walked outside to talk while Tay, in his hurry to follow out, fell hard on his butt. Anon looked abruptly at the pouting boy and quietly handed him a crayon. Tay blinked, then took it with puffed cheeks but inside was very very happy to get some attention from the older kid. No he won't color on paper. He'll ruin the walls on that phi's room with it.

"What.. what happened? Is he alive? Is he okay? What about our project?" Pete, on the other hand ran his train in panic.

"Huh huh.. look at you, a man almost dies and you worry about your project! What a shameless prick" Mork replied.

"You have a death wish Mork?"

Mork laughed. "No!" then he turned serious. "But don't worry, his son is landing day after tomorrow, we have till then to make basic preparations, I've heard people say he's a crazy demon when it comes to work"

"Yeah? Well, we'll see, won't we" Pete sighed. "Hey! Let's do this, gather as much info you can on the guy and then we'll work on a strategy, we need to tackle him to be on the same page"

"Okay.. I'm working, more like this kid you had tail me, now I know why. He.. eh what's your name again kid?" Mork turned to the tall and pale intern working his hands fast on the keyboard. 

"Yes sir, em.. Saint, sir" the boy said nervously. It was crazy to him how these two smart and successful professionals didn't know their way with computers. "Em.. there's a lot about his achievements here sir, in last five years but hardly anything about him personally except that his name's New Ryder, runs his own automobile company under the group but his most works are independent, a dead wife and raise his child alone.. nothing about him before five years ago, no marriage pictures or anything, sorry"