Chapter 47 - Beta Blockers

Start from the beginning

But then to put facts up. Shao Long was silent when he got back. But after the viral case, Shao Long wasn't at all like that. He was angry instead, lashing out every time possible. Students distanced themselves away from him for two days before Shao Long returned to his normal state. But never was he silent, looking exhausted and everything. The difference between the two condition is too big.

Shao Jun was cured two months ago, right after Shao Long returned to China. Why at that moment?

If the situation calls for emergency, Shao Jun is forced to have a surgery, then he needed a donor right at that moment.

Now, Shao Jun was cured. Shao Long had beta blockers. Shao Long was silent right after he got back. Because of the surgery?

Flashback#

"If you still haven't noticed, he's Asian. Ever heard of Asian parents before?" Shintarou rolled his eyes, still facing the computer.

"Asian........parents?"

"Yes, parents who get terribly mad when their children messes up, sensitive about their children's social circle and overprotective. Strict and competitive. You name it".

"You're saying what I did caused his father to be mad at him?"

"It made sense. The twins don't look like they like their father".

End of flashback#

Hypothetically, if Shao Long was sent back to China after what he had done, Xi Shen Ko was bound to be mad. Surely he'd punish him. Coincidentally at that time, Shao Jun's heart worsened.

The twins don't like their father. But Xi Shen Ko didn't allow Shao Jun to leave the mansion due to his disease. That shows concern and love. However, it wasn't impossible for Xi Shen Ko to love only one of them. After all, throughout his life, Shao Long had gotten into countless troubles. The first one in America 10 years ago. Shao Jun's parents were called to school. Then the viral case. Surely Xi Shen Ko would know about that. And Shao Long was forced to return to China. Shao Long caused trouble thrice, all related to him. If he was in Xi Shen Ko's shoes, he too would always remind himself which one is the troublesome one, which one is the innocent. And to make matters worst, if Xi Shen Ko was really as strict as the one Shintarou talked about, then naturally he would hate Shao Long.

One beloved son facing death, one a disappointment with a healthy heart.

What do you think happened?

Charles put two and two together and knew instantly. Organ transplant from one brother to another.

"Wait.......is that even.....legal? Shao Long couldn't have....." Charles couldn't believe his thoughts. Someone forced to donate his heart to his twin brother that was loved by their father, while you were the hated one. What a drama!

But look, the most unbelievable fact above all, Shao Long and Shao Jun love each other so much. Their relationship was indescribable. Shao Jun was protective over Shao Long, and Shao Long did everything he could to take care of Shao Jun. Moreover, Shao Long's mental stability improved with Shao Jun around. Shao Long looked extremely happy, more than ever, whenever he talked to him. Even with a sullen smile, he looked more at peace than his bright fake smile two months ago.

Their relationship was so good.....

They should've hated each other, not like this.

A huge flaw.

Unless, they truly love each other as brothers.

Shao Long, even after facing such things, he still loves Shao Jun?

Charles chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. Shao Long was too kind.

"Charles, look at what you've done....."

To think that he was the one that caused this. No wonder Shao Long was so vengeful. No wonder both Xueyang and Shao Jun hated him. No wonder he was like that. All of this.....was because he framed Shao Long in the past, right? It started there.

"What the f**k have I done......."

Instantly, he was overcome with exhaustion. Oh wait, he just used his brain cells to figure out all the points above in a state of fever of 40°C.

Ah, shouldn't have done that. Too rash, too impatient to figure things out. Thinking while having a headache was like walking with a broken leg, no?

But there was something else that caught his attention. Shao Jun didn't look sad at all when Su Yinming died. Shao Long fainted because of it. Su Yinimng and Xi Shen Ko didn't have a good relationship. As Shao Jun had said, they lived seperately. In theory, Xi Shen Ko loved Shao Jun while Su Yunming loved Shao Long.

Come to think of it, Shao Jun also had his heart disease since birth, not developed due to unhealthy lifestyle. The only reason for thar should be either pure misfortune or genetics.

Could it be that Su Yinming also had heart disease?

Noise could be heard from the room not too far away. He guessed it was from Shao Jun's room where the other princes were all gathering to check up on Shao Long. Better than his sorry state at least. Alone, dizzy, stressed out, in a state of disbelief and guilt.

Welp.

At least now, Shao Long was safe. He'll confirm it with Xueyang later after a good rest.

Thinking it would be improper for him to be absent, as he was literally the one that saved Shao Long, Charles got up from his bed, tucking the medicine bottle in his pocket and went to Shao Jun's room.

But before he could reach the room, the noise decreased by a lot. As he reached the door, with one hand on the doorknob, the room had gone silent. With one brow raised, he twisted the doorknob and push the door open, only to be greeted with the most peaceful sight he had ever seen.

All the princes slept all around the room, looking bkth exhausted and satisfied. Some laid across the floor, like Felix and Ciel. Albert and Leon leaned against each other's back. Same goes for Livio with Gion, and Evan with Godfreg. Shintarou, being the distant person he is, stayed farther away from the rest of them, leaning against the bedside. Xueyang leaned on the other side of the bed. All soundly sleeping. All exhausted.

Charles chuckled, shaking his head. How peaceful.

He walked over to the bed, watching as the twins cuddled together. Indeed, the two of them were close. As if nothing could tear them apart, not even misjudgements from the person they call father. How nostalgic.....

Just then, a glint caught his eyes. Immediately, he turned to the source of the glint, only to find a person he had come to know to be known as Nubis, the prince of Egypt. The so-called brother of Gion, the one who helped Shao Long face his bullies, the one that got Shao Long enrolled there in the first place, the one who worked together with Shao Long during the game of monopoly two months ago, the prince that kidnapped the princesses (naturally, he would've known it was him anyway), and the one that attacked Shao Long in the forest just yesterday.

Said person flinched upon being discovered, and yet he neither budged nor break eye contact. That, fellow readers, is what you call ego. Unable to back down to protect his dignity. His dignity as a capable prince.

Too bad.

He looked more like an idiot now.

Charles went to the window, staring intently at the prince. Who knows what he was thinking at the moment. It's sad, really. Shao Long was played by both him and Nubis. He already had enough with Xi Shen Ko, now to add with two more people, one targetting Shao Jun, while he wanted to keep his friends safe. What a miserable life.

But it looks like Nubis was not stopping any sooner now.

Charles smirked, flashing his confident row of white teeth. With one hand raised, all fingers clenched expect the middle, he mouthed 'F**k you', aka I will end you...