Chapter 4

The dim lamp flickered against the dark of the empty cottage. Dimitry had found it that morning, an old woman on the edge of town was renting out a little cottage by a meadow, so Dimitry has given her what money they had left and they had crossed town carting all their possessions in the world on their backs, to their little cottage. Home. Anya now sat on the quilt they had spread on the floor of their empty kitchen holding a piece of scrap paper on which she had written the French alphabet. She sat between Dimitry's legs, leaning back against his chest, he gazed at the paper over her shoulder.
"My name is... Je m'appelle"
"Je..."
"Je m'appelle"
"Je... m'appelle... Dimitry"
"Good! I don't speak French well... je ne parle pas bien le français."
"Hey!"
"Oh pardonnez-moi j'ai oublié que je parlais à un expert de la langue française"
Dimitry chuckled "je... ne parle pas... bein le... francais."
"Tres bein monsieur!"
"I have recently moved here... J'ai récemment déménagé ici"
Dimitry brushed aside a lock of Anya's hair and put his lips to her neck "J'ai..." he tapered off as he kissed her. His hand wrapped around her waist and his hair tickled her jaw. She took a deep breath to keep her focus
"J'ai récemment."
"J'ai..." he trailed off, kissing her neck again
"I don't believe you're focusing Dimitry." Laughed Anya
"No... I don't suppose I am." He smiled. Anya turned to face him.
"What am I going to do with you?" She sighed, gazing into his eyes. He smirked mischievously and their lips met.