The Garden

You were Sif's sister that people tended to forget about. She was so strong and brave it happened to cast a very large shadow. You were always caught in that shadow but you really didn't mind it. You were very shy and preferred to be alone. You were sitting on a bench in the palace gardens while your sister was training with the warriors 3. The gardens is your favorite place to be. The beautiful flowers and their intoxicating perfume made you smile every time. You tucked your knees up under your chin and rested your head against them. Breathing in the flower's scent and relaxing you didn't notice the young prince watching you. "Who are you spying on now brother?" Thor chuckles was he walks up behind Loki. "Shhhh you oaf. Don't what her to hear us. Who is that?" "Oh Lady (Y/N). She's Lady Sif's sister." "I didn't know Sif had a sister." "Yeah she tends to keep to herself. Do you think she's pretty?" "Absolutely." Loki sighs as you turn your head to face the princes. You slowly open your eyes to see them and freeze. They freeze as well. You quickly get up, bow to them and leave the garden without a word. As you were making your escape you weren't really paying attention to where you were going. You ran into something hard and fell to the ground. "You need to watch where you're going sister." Sif giggles as she helps you off the ground. "What has you in a tizzy?" "I think I'm in trouble." "Why?" "I was in the gardens waiting for you to finish training and the princes saw me. I never got permission to sit in the palace gardens." You say excitedly as you look around for incoming guards to take you away. "Oh my darling, you're not in trouble. The gardens are for everyone. Just calm down. Everything is ok." She coos as she hugs you tight. "You should ask her to the festival." Thor says as they walk into the palace. "What festival?" "The one in the village next week. I can tell Sif to bring her again so you can ask." Loki nods and starts thinking of ways to ask you without freezing up like he did when you looked at him.

"Absolutely not. You know what he's like Thor. He will hurt her. (Y/N) isn't like me. She's very delicate. I'm not going to let him get near her." Sif growls after Thor told her Loki's plans. "Just give him a chance. He seemed very intrigued when he saw her in the garden. Who knows maybe (Y/N) will like him and change him for the better. And if he does hurt her you have my permission to do with him what you like." He teases and she rolls her eyes. "It's not like I really have a choice huh. Can't say no to the princes." "Oh don't pull that with me Sif. You know I'm not like that." Thor sighs crossing his large arms over his chest. Sif looks down at the floor lightly kicking the tip of her sword. "Alright. I'll bring her tomorrow. I'll tell her to sit in the garden again while I train." "Fantastic. I'll let Loki know. Thank you Lady Sif." Thor turns to leave the room but she catches his hand. "Um excuse me my prince aren't you forgetting something?" Sif taps her cheek as a smile grows on her face. "Oh gods now could I forget." Thor chuckles scooping her up in his arms and kissing her cheek. "Better?" "Yes you may take your leave now."  

"Just sit in the garden like normal. I'll come get you when I'm done. Don't worry you won't get in trouble." She says as you walk to the training grounds of the palace. "Ok sister. Be careful." "I always am." You walk over to your bench and tuck your knees under your chin again. The sun warms your body as you begin to nod off to the sound of the fountain. You don't notice when Loki sits next to you. He studies your relaxed features before deciding to speak. "Lady (Y/N)?" Your eyes shoot open as you look at who called your name. You try to quickly get up and bow to the prince but you trip over your dress and fall. "Oh dear here let me help." "No need my prince. I'll be going now." You try to get up but pain shoots through your wrist. You wince as tears prickle your eyes. Loki offers his hand anyway and helps you back into the bench. "That doesn't look good. Can I see." You nod and place your injured wrist in his open hand. You hiss as his cool fingers touch the swollen joint. "Well it's not broken just a sprain. Lucky for you I can fix that." He chuckles as a green shimmery light comes from his hand. In an instant the pain and swelling is gone. He offers you a handkerchief for your eyes and a kind smile. "Thank you my prince. I am in your debt." "Well I know a way we could make it even." He chuckles as your eyes grow wide. "Would you like to come with me to the festival next week?" "My prince I don't know what to say." Your face goes red and you turn away so he doesn't see. "You could say yes." He gently guides your head to look at him again. "Thor is going with Sif and I wouldn't want a beautiful girl like you to stay at home. What do you say?" "Y-You think I'm beautiful?" "Of course my dear. You belong here. A flower among the flowers." He hums as he gestures to the garden's flowers. "Thank you my prince. I will go to the festival with you." You giggle looking into his big green eyes. "Excellent. I'll see you around then Lady (Y/N)." He kisses the back of your hands and takes his leave.