Chapter Two

"Did you hear that? I can't believe him!" Daisy complained, huffing and struggling to open her locker, "And why is my locker so hard to open!" Emma shook her head, hiding the small smile that threatened to escape with Daisy and her younger brother's banter. 

"How could you not hear him? He practically screamed it in my face!" Daisy said as she finally pried her locker open, Daisy turned around and grabbed a chunk of her hair, she placed the hair on top of her lips and deepened her voice as she imitated her brother. "You're the ugliest sister ever, I hope you have a ugly day today." 

Emma let out a small snort, trying hard not to clutch her stomach in laughter, a little because of what her brother said but mainly at Daisy's poor impression of her brother. 

"Daisy, he's six. Six year olds have neither mustaches nor a big vocabulary." 

"Whatever. He's lucky the lower school building is far away from my classroom, I would have ran after him and choked him with my shoelaces." Emma just laughed at her friend's unusual choice of weapon, but after knowing Daisy for so long, she isn't even all that surprised by her weird tendencies. 

Daisy closed her locker after she got the things she needed for her first class, chemistry. She stuffed her textbook into her bag and closed it, letting out a sigh before she got ready to go to class. 

"Morning." Daisy jumped as she quickly turned around, looking at the intruder's identity. 

"Oh my god, you scared me, what the hell was that Frankie?" Daisy inquired as she placed a hand over her heart to calm her overactive heartbeat. 

"Whoops, sorry about that, I wasn't expecting you to get so scared." Frankie let out a sheepish laugh as he ruffled Daisy's hair. If Daisy had to describe him in one word, it would be tall. Frankie was maybe the tallest person in their grade, he stands at 6'2'', practically towering over Daisy's measly 5'4''. 

"Oh, she's just a scaredy-cat." Emma cut in, "Once, during our haunted house, Daisy screamed when she saw her own reflection in the mirror after her make-up was done." Frankie snickered, slowly moving his hand from Daisy's hair into his own pocket.

"Seriously?" Frankie asked, looking over at Daisy, whose face is in the lightest shades of red. 

"Emma! You promised you wouldn't tell anyone!" Daisy finally spoke up.

"Oh, did I? I'm sorry, you were just so embarrassed I didn't have the heart to tell you no." Another round of laughter. 

"Guys, it isn't that funny!" Daisy defended, crossing her arms across her chest. The two ignored her and continued laughing, "You know what? I'm done, I'm leaving. You guys go have your lets-all-make-fun-of-Daisy fest." 

"Aww, you know we're just joking right? It's what makes you adorable." If Emma had said this, Daisy would have smiled and hugged her friend, but it was Frankie. And Daisy didn't know how to respond. She felt her cheeks warm up and when she looked over at Emma, there was a flash of hurt. Well, at least the plan's working.

Daisy first met Frankie due to math, or rather, the fact that she was failing it. Her teacher had assigned Frankie to tutor her, and since her scholarship was riding her grades, she reluctantly said yes. Frankie was reputable in school, class president, captain of the tennis team, stellar grades, voted best to bring home to mom and dad in the yearbook, the list goes on. In Daisy's mind, however, he was just a hipster wannabe trust fund kid who's trying to steal her best friend. 

Despite all that, one look at the two when they're together and Daisy just knew. She can see the way Frankie's eyes soften when he looks at her, the spark in Emma's eyes when they're having a conversation. Daisy was going to get them two together if its the last thing she'll do.

Thus began the Plan, Daisy had called out Frankie after math, as it's the only class they shared, ushering him into the adjacent art room.

"So, you like Emma right?" Daisy announced, Frankie immediately turned 50 shades of red, opening his mouth to deny her accusation.

"W-What are you talking about? No way! What makes you think I like Emma?" Daisy could see through his transparent display right away. 

"Are you serious? Dude, just admit it, don't worry, I've got good news for you." Daisy patted Frankie's shoulders with a mischievous smile on her face, "I can get her to go out with you."

Seeing the confused look on his face, Daisy decided to elaborate: "You like Emma, Emma likes you. Both y'all are pussy who's too afraid to ask the other out, so I will act as a catalyst and get Emma to admit her feelings for you."

"And just how do you plan on doing that?" Daisy can see the wheels turning in Frankie's mind, she's got this in the bag.

"By having you date the girl closest to her." Daisy gave the biggest grin she can muster before beginning again, "Frankie, will you ask me to go out with you?"

"How are you so sure this plan will work?" Frankie asked, but by the smile he's got on his face now, Daisy knows she's found her accomplice. 

"Why is it that you can keep asking me questions but you can't ask Emma out?" Daisy taunted, though it is something she's wondered many times. She held her hand out in response to his silence, "So what do you say?"

The two hands shake.

As Frankie gets ready to exit the room, he's stopped by Daisy's expectant gaze.

"What?" He asked.

"Aren't you gonna ask me out?" Frankie shot her an exasperated look, but no avail. Realizing that it's easier to just go along with her whims, he quickly spoke.

"Go out with me." Daisy placed her hands dramatically across her chest, and gave Frankie a most disgusted face.

"No wonder you can't ask Emma out, that tone, that posture. It's all wrong. Again."

"How is it that you're Emma's best friend, she's so nice, and you're so—"

"Magnificent? Beautiful? A gift to mankind?" Daisy filled in. 

"—Weird." Frankie finished.

"I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that, c'mon now, just pretend I'm Emma." Frankie raised an eyebrow at what she said but immediately closed his mouth when he saw the glare Daisy was shooting. Letting out a sigh, Frankie got down on one knee, if it's a show she wants, it's a show she'll get. 

"Oh Daisy, magnificent, beautiful Daisy, would you do me the deepest, most gracious of favours and go out with me?"

"Oh my, what a genuine and heart felt confession. Since it seems as you need me like you need air, I will accept your love and you as a male companion."

The two looked at each other and bursted out in laughter, just as the bell rang.

"Shit, I gotta get to class. Catch ya later love." Frankie quickly got up and rushed out the door, leaving Daisy stunned, the word love repeating itself over and over again.

________________________________________________________________________________

so this update took like a thousand years. i hope the next one takes less time lol but anyway, i hope you guys like it c: