The Truth

Bakugo tells Kirishima what he did to Deku and Kirishima and the Bakusquad ignore him for months. Leading to some sad stuff....

Bakugo POV

Kirishima and I were studying in his room, and by studying I mean I was trying to get him to understand a simple equation. Once he got it figured out I thought it was time to tell him about my past. I trust him and I want him to know I'm working on changing. We've known each other for this long and he doesn't really know about my past, and he's gonna find out sooner or later.

"Hey Kiri?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell you something. I figure it's time you know." I spoke quietly, partially scared of how he'll react.

"Ok, go ahead. I'm all ears." He sat patiently and waited for me to speak. He kept his eyes on me the whole time and I took a deep breath and started.

"Ok, so as you know I'm not the nicest to Deku. I'm trying to get better but it used to be a lot worse. I'd degrade him everyday for the entire time we were in middle school. I burned his notebook and threw it out of a window. I told him to give up his dreams cause they'd never come true. I even told him to kill himself. But! I'm trying to ge-" I stopped speaking when I looked up and saw his face. He looked mortified and disgusted with me.

I looked down at my lap and fiddled with my fingers nervously. There's no movement or sounds for about a minute, and it's really uncomfortable.

He stands up and I look up at him. He takes my stuff and throws it out the door then drags me out of his room. I'm barely out of the doorway when he slams the door on my back and I can feel the slight stinging. I leaned against the door and slid down it, sighing as I went.

I sat there for a minute or two before picking up my stuff and slowly made my way to my room. I placed my stuff on my desk and sat down on my bed. I was in a daze and I didn't really feel anything.

I guess it should be expected, shouldn't it? I really was terrible to him. But I'm trying to be better!

I figured I should go to sleep and get ready for school tomorrow, so I changed into comfortable clothes and laid back down in bed.

I woke up and got ready for classes. I took a shower and got changed then headed to the common rooms for breakfast. It was oddly quiet and when I got down I wasn't greeted like I normally would be. I guess Kirishima told everyone.

I made myself some toast then headed to class, not talking to anyone since no one talked to me. The day was pretty normal other than the fact that no one talked to me, but I was hoping this wouldn't be the new normal, cause I don't think I could take it.

~two weeks later~

I was still being ignored, and I was starting to get sad. I had no one to talk to or laugh with. It was just me being alone in my dorm room everyday. After every passing day I would feel more and more regret. If I had known my life would've turned out like this I never would've done the things I did.

I wanted to go out with some people so I went to ask my group, hoping they would agree and we could just be together.

"Um, hey guys. Would you want to go out to like the park or something?" I asked nervously. They all ignored me and didn't even look up to acknowledge me.

I sighed then walked back to my room. I just sat in my chair doing nothing, there's nothing much to do when you're by yourself. It's kinda lonely. I don't think I can live like this much longer.

~two months later~

I can't take it. No one has talked to me unless they've been forced to, and even then they talk down to me and look at me harshly. I don't think I can live like this anymore. I need to apologize to him. Maybe he'll forgive me and things can go back to normal.