Chapter Two

Thank you so much for the love on the first page. I never expected it considering how underrated I thought Hailee was. Thank you, hope I don't disappoint.

**********

Hailee's POV:

I'm currently sitting at home while Sophie is doing my makeup for dinner with Y/n. I am yet to tell her anything about what happened yesterday, mainly because I'm not entirely sure what to tell her.

"So this date, that you didn't decide to tell me about until this morning, it doesn't happen to have anything to do with that comment that Y/n Y/L/N left on your Instagram last night no?" Sophie asked me.

Y/n and I did the little Instagram interaction that Sam asked of us. I posted a selfie, it wasn't anything special and Y/n commented, "beautiful as ever" and which I replied with, "😘" and it did exactly what Sam imagined, it piqued people's interest.

"It does yes and look, I know you have your opinion about him, as do a lot of people but it's the very early stages and we're still getting to know each other which is kind of why I've not said anything yet" I told her. I am not sure if she's going to believe me.

"Ahh I see. How do you both meet then?" she asked me.

"Urm, we met at... we met at the label's Christmas party" I was going to say my 23rd birthday party but then I remembered that obviously, Sophie was there.

"Oh well, yeah that's bullshit"

"What?"

"It was a reasonable thing to think up but it's not true Hailee. You always look to the left when you lie and I'm looking right at your face" she explained to me.

"Do I really do that when I lie?" I asked as it's the first time I'm hearing this.

"Yep. You're a good person though, so lying isn't common so I know you must have a good reason to of told me that"

"If I'm honest Sophie, I didn't even want to tell you the lie. It's just, my career is pretty much on the line" I admitted to her.

"What are they making you do?"

"Y/n and I have to basically be a couple. They think it'll boost his reputation and help push my music career"

"That's fucked. I can't believe they're doing that to you, especially with someone like him. He's been such an asshole the times I've seen him, I actually met him this one time at the Kid's Choice Awards and he was so nice to everyone and he won twice that night. He was a great actor but I don't know what happened to him but it was around that age he started morphing into the asshole he is now. Not even mentioning that he doesn't know when to shut his mouth"

"To be fair Sophie, he was just as unhappy as me and he has less of a choice than I do" I told her. She's right though, Y/n was an amazing actor when he did it, he had his own show on Nickelodeon called "The World According to Ryan" and he played Ryan from the age of ten till about fifteen when the show got canceled, which I believe was a result of something he did not long after the last season.

People, including myself, really loved that show.

"Well, I hope he doesn't fuck it all up for you. As for me, I will go along with whatever you need me to and my lips are sealed. I promise" she told me and that was a relief. I didn't expect her to say anything else, but just having the clarification was good.

"Thank you Sophie" I told her when my phone started buzzing on the table. It was a text from Y/n saying he was outside and Sophie walked to my window to see.