"We're doing well darling, listen I don't mean to be in my son or your business but I notice you two aren't speaking" I nodded my head. Even his mom noticed, meaning it did look bad...

"Yeah... I um haven't told him something. It's just that I don't want him to worry... your son is very protective. You probably already know" She laughed.

"Of course he is for the ones loves and cares about" My body froze and I just stared at her as she smiled widely.

"I don't want to scare you but my boy adores you Gabriela. Talk to him, he'll understand... you just have to speak to him" I took a huge sip of the beer and she leaves me in the kitchen. I sat down on the stool in front the kitchen island and I took out my phone scrolling through instagram.

Could I be ready for a relationship... I mean I already had sex with Gabriel, but we weren't dating. Gabriel is an amazing man, I don't know how he deals with me sometimes. He's nothing like Luke and I have to understand that before I ruin something great... like Jennie always reminds me.

"Time to sing happy birthday to Jayden" I hear Alex yell. I stood up going outside and I walk towards Jayden and his friends. I noticed their eyes look over at me and Jayden turns around smiling.

"Happy birthday Jay" I said pulling him into a hug and stuffing the hundred dollar gift card in his pocket.

"Thanks Gaby" I nodded my head waving at the group of boys then going over to the table of snacks. The music stopped and came out Gabriel holding the football shaped cake. I watched as he placed the cake down on the table and he placed the number one and six on it.

-

"Dad can I stay at Connor's place tonight?" Jayden comes into the living room. I look up at Gabriel and swirled the red liquid while my feet were tucked under the decorative pillow .

"Yeah you can" Gabriel said and I look down at my phone waiting for Jennie to text me back after venting to her. Ava was knocked out in her room, Aubrey left with her friends and now Jayden was leaving, giving me the perfect time to talk to him and apologize for how I've been acting these days.

"I'll be back" I looked up seeing Gabriel throwing on his leather jacket and I nodded my head. Both boys left the house and I stood up from the couch drinking the rest of my wine and going into the kitchen placing my glass in the sink after drinking the rest of the wine bottle.

-

I sat up anxiously and a bit tipsy waiting for Gabriel to come back and I stood up seeing him walking inside the living room.

"Now we can talk" He said and I nodded my head sitting down on the big sofa next to him.

"Without an attitude or else I'm leaving" He threatened and I swallowed to urge to say something sassy. I nodded my head agreeing and he brings the glass of gold liquid to his lips, while his eyes grow to a darker shade of green.

"I'm sorry I've been acting like a bitch, it's just that I don't really talk about this bu-"

"Gabriela I have been nothing but patient with you, I'm holding back because I know what you went through" My headshot up and I looked at him weirdly remembering that I only told him about my parents death but never going into detail.