Chapter 31: Decathlon Start!

The long wait had finally ended. The days of the past week went by quickly. Between all the studying and meetings, the day of the decathlon was one day away. The decathlon team was in their last meeting in the library as they were going over some questions for a final time.

"Alright Monoma. In what year did 'The Great Kanto Earthquake' occur?" Asked Aizawa as he looked down at some papers.

"If Im not mistaken..." Monoma said trailing off. "The year was 1923!" He said as he pointed at Mr. Aizawa.

"Final answer?" Aizawa asked looking at him.

"Im positive!" He replied.

"That... is correct." Aizawa said with a chuckle.

The group pumped their fists as they had finally finished the meeting and had not failed a single question. The energy in the room was really positive.

"Guys! If we keep this up, we'll win tomorrow for sure!" Kendo said as she grew excited.

"Exactly! We gotta stay positive! We're gonna nail this!" Hatsume answered as she was clearly very happy.

"Okay guys... good work for today." Aizawa said with a smile. "Now, go back to your dorms and rest. No studying please. Keep your minds at ease please... I'll see you guys tomorrow morning." Aizawa said as he grabbed his stuff and walked off.

The group talked for a little while before they started to make their way back to the dorms. As they were walking, Izuku got a call from a very special someone.

"Hey you! How are you?" Izuku asked smiling.

"Hey Deku... I-Im good..." she said as she sounded a little down.

"Hey... what's up? Are you feeling okay?" Izuku asked as he could clearly hear something was off in her voice.

"W-Well..." she said as she sighed. "Our flight got delayed..."

"Oh crap... well how long do you have to wait for another one?" Izuku asked.

"That's the thing... there isn't another one today..." Uraraka said.

"Oh... so that means..." Izuku trailed off.

"That means... There's a chance that I may not make it to the decathlon..." She said as her voice broke a little.

"She won't make it? I really wanted to see her, I wanted her to be there in the crowd... but I guess something always goes wrong for us huh?" Izuku thought as he kept walking and staring at the ground.

"Hey... it's okay... as long as you make back home, Im happy... I just want to hold you in my arms..." Izuku said with a gentle voice.

"B-But... the decathlon is important to you..." she replied.

"Yeah... but you mean way more to me..." he said as he chuckled. "I don't want you worrying about anything, okay?"

"O-Okay... I love you Deku..." she said with a tender voice.

"I love you more Ocha..." Izuku replied.

"I have to go now, we have to arrange a couple of stuff for tomorrow... so I'll text you when Im onboard." Uraraka said as she started to sound happy again.

"Okay... talk to you later hun..." he said as the call came to an end.

He stopped walking as he was a couple of feet away from the dorms. He sighed as a gloomy expression appeared on his face.

"Guess that's how it goes for us..." Izuku said as he began to walk again.

He made it to the building and up to his dorm. He was alone in the room so he took this time to take a shower and lay back for a while. He was trying his hardest to focus for the next day, but knowing Uraraka wouldn't be there made it hard for him. Eventually he wrapped himself in his blanket as he was starting to fall asleep.