Prologue

It was another bustling day in the kingdom of Svelqia. The town was always known for its pompous trade and even more exquisite skill in artifact making. The country had endless trails of scenery with numerous beguiling flower beds. It was home to both the greedy and the needy. With educated, scheming and business-minded people swarming the capital city from all over the country, the mesmerising city of Seqeia was more robust than ever before!
As all of you might already be guessing, yes, it is me. I am the one reason why this country is as lavish as it is. I was the reason these impure bunch of bauxite were able to transform into metal like aluminium with everlasting utility. If it were not for me, the one who would be leading you throughout the story, this country would have been nothing! I am not the narrator. Definitely not. I am ‘the one’. Your one, her one, his one, their one and everyone’s one.
It’s not that I am being narcissistic or arrogant. I just like being honest about it as being humble has never really been my way of going about things. I indeed am the ‘chosen one’. The one people should love and hail.
You don’t believe me?
I am relieved you don’t. If every one of you thought of me a mere ‘stand-in’ as his highness Dertye, then what would happen to the real me? I know I shouldn’t be selfish. Afterall, if it were not for my careless, the crown prince wouldn’t have disappeared out of nowhere! If he has, it is all because of me!
Please believe me when I say that I didn’t harm his highness to take over his position! I am the loyalist person you’d find. I will never lie. Maybe except for now. Till his return, I have been requested by his mother, the empress to pretend to be him in the royal court lest someone stole his light away. It wasn’t that hard! Owing to his prestigious rank within the imperial household, he rarely had audience with any outsiders. Rather was always isolated in the countryside protecting him for when the country was really in danger!
This is all because of the respected priest George who swore on the alignments of the stars that his highness would be the only one who could save this country from falling into doom’s hands. As a result, except for his highness’ mother, the empress and I, his humble servant, no one was allowed to near his highness before he ascended the throne on the day that the sun shall rise brighter than the rest.
Luckily the day was near. Unfortunately, his highness went far away. Where he was and why did he decide to leave, no one knows! It’s only this servant of yours who could pretend to be his highness to protect the position he rightly deserves!
So, of course! Even if you don’t find my behaviour princely, please do tolerate me! This peasant doesn’t really understand the life of royalty! Of course, you should forget who I really am by now. Or else how will you help me deceive everyone? Please forget about this lowly existence and enjoy your read! It is after all the most exquisite experience I have ever had! And you will ever get to read…