Intossication

They were sitting silently, savoring the breezy air, looking at each other. A thin and fragile girl with a gentle flush of pink arisening in her cheeks that made her look vulnerable, and a long black dress silhouetted on her pale skin. While the other one...

"And so you never came back there."

"Never."

"You haven't seen it anymore?"

"No, sister."

The wind rustled in the trees and swayed the grassy wands, caressing the girls' cheeks. The pleasant wind was like a music of old times and the tranquility of the moment brought up memories to their mind.

"I went there one last time, and I saw our loving nuns, gentle as always."

"And tell me sister, do you remember everything? The blackberry bushes, the cloister? That misterious chant of the flower, the flower of the..."

"Death. Yes, my darling"

"Was it true? The intossicating honey by the irresistible scent, whose perfume makes you fall in oblivion, mild and cruel oblivion. Oh! She got so mad when she saw us coming closer to that temptation."

The two of them were sitting together, hand in hand, looking beyond the horizon. Their eyes full widened of nostalgia and their minds far away, remembering the time they spent together, and how brief it was. The convent in the distance among the intense blue sky exhaled an incense perfume, mixed with the flowers one. Pleasant memories were humming in ears, forgotten images coming out of their mouth, evocating innocence and mystery. That long awaited guy. Oh! How he smiled at them and how they blushed when he was around. Now their cheeks were dried with humid tears. The black dress didn't suit Maria's nature, whose temper was too innocent to be paired with something so dark. I could have told the same for Rachel, but...

They cried by the golden sunset, their long dresses following the wind while their hands were getting colder and colder, expecially Rachele's ones. But they didn't mind.

Tightening her hand, Rachel opened her mouth one last time, her eyes trying to elude Maria's ones.

"I...Yes, I smelled that flower. I was alone with the green beetles and the wind brought the intense smell of the peonies to me, in my heart a languid ferment of a night dream blazing strong. I remember everything of that moment, the flebil light breezing to my sight, the so hard-to-resist recall of a prohibit desire. Come. And it was so sweet to refuse, so irresistible, so passional, and yet so beautiful..."

Maria's eyes widened in amazement, her hand now aware of Rachel's pallid skin and of her coldness.

"...to die for."