Prologue

The snow under my feet crumpled as I took another step. With only a red scarf, a white coat, and a snow goggle I traversed through the outskirts of this mountain.

The long gray gun case I carried on my shoulder with a sling was getting heavier with every steps I took. Maybe the fatigue was getting into me.

"Woof!"

"Woof!"

The sound of snow crumpling under four sets of feet entered my ears. Two dogs with silverish white fur came running to me.

One had a black patch on it's right ear, while the other on the left ear.

"Skoll, Hati! Come here kids!" I smiled and crouched down to the snow.

The two dogs happily yips and licked my cheeks. Skoll is the one with the right ear patch and Hati is the left one, that names come from a mythology but I forgot which one.

I rubbed their heads and they poked out their tongues excitedly. My earpiece beeped and I stood up, turning to the horizon.

"How's the world?"

"Good, so far. Talked to some locals, nice people I would say, they told me a short history of this world without asking any questions."

The other person didn't say anything, I took it as my que to continue.

"They call this world, Terra. A post apocalyptic world where natural disasters are much more common than a normal earth."

"Could you elaborate more?"

I took a deep cold breath, "They call the disasters, Catastrophes. Floods, earthquakes, typhoons, hell even meteor showers. These Catastrophes destroyed the cities in the past, forcing the entire population to create 'nomadic cities'." I bring out my phone and sent a picture I previously took from a book.

"What the hell am I looking at?"

I could hear the deadpan in her tone.

"Nomadic cities means cities on wheels, literally."

"And how did they power these cities?"

"Just getting there. Those Catastrophes, also creates a new mineral known as Originium. They powered those cities with this crystal like power source. But unfortunately, these new minerals also came with a cost. Diseases."

I sent another picture of black crystals on the bodies of the village's populations.

"Oripathy, 100% fatality within a few years after the initial infection. Whoever in close contact with Originium could be infected, their internal organs would be gradually degraded, corroded and crystallised, eventually turning a living body into originium ore." I spoked grimly.

"Did you get infected?"

The concern in her tone brings a warm feeling to my heart.

"Aw~ you're worried for me." I chuckled. "No, no I'm not infected. In fact, I don't think I could get infected."

"How so?"

"Because I walked for two days with an originium ore in my pocket, and I didn't feel any parts of my body crystalizing. I think this ores are harmless to us puppets." I took out the ore from my pocket and looked to it.

It was beautiful, but sadly dangerous to the populace.

"That is... good."

"Yep. And one more thing. Humans, regular people are now a rare sight. With any known cause, people changed into what they call 'Ancients'."

"?"

I sent another picture to her, this one about some people with animal features.

"That's, interesting."

I'm guessing she's smirking based on her tone alone.

"So, peace or war?" She asked the million dollar question.

"Don't know, let's just see how this will turns out." I said with a simple tone before a smirk crept up on my mouth.

"Say... Neumann do me a favor and say an animal."

"Rabbit. I got another things to do, bye."

The light on my earpiece turned off, leaving me dumbfounded by her animal choice. Couldn't she pick something more cooler?

Welp, rabbit it is.

*Whistle~*

Both stopped and turned to me.

"Come kids. We, I mean me while you two play around, got works to do. Let's go~" I smiled and turned to the other mountain not too far from my position.

I turned on my phone against showing a book with a picture of an academy in it.

"To kill time, why don't we join this Royal Victorian Guard School, kids? Couldn't hurt to practice on my sword a bit."

With a bit of magic manipulation, a pair of (H/C) rabbit ears grew on my head with a rabbit tail on my lower back.

It's looks like a short (H/C) fluffly fur has grown on my back. Though it's just how rabbits tail looks like.

'Crap... I need to make a hole on my pants.'

---Years Later---

"Thank you for understanding dr. Kal'tsit and miss Amiya." I smiled and stood up from my chair, with Skoll and Hati patiently sat down on my sides.

"Well let me reintroduce myself." I bowed lightly, "I am (Y/N) (L/N) of the SVLA, codename: Angel."

"From this day on until an undecided time limit. I shall be an operator of Rhodes Island under the leadership of yours."

I looked up with a deadly smirk and a glint passing my eyes, "Give me a target and I'll show you my true potential."

__________________________________

A/N: This is an experimentation book. Being honest, I don't know much about Arknights storyline. I know a bit more about the background, the world, but not much about the storyline...