Overprotective Bumblebee

Start from the beginning

  "Kade! I'll take it from here. Go command the Fire-bot!" I yelled. Kade did not recognize me. "Dummy, I'm Miku! Get out before you're toast!" I yelled again. I ran inside.

  A child was crying loudly. I could hear him. I ran as swiftly as I could and swiped the child up. "Don't worry, I am from the rescue team. You will be safe," I comforted the child as I ran to the exit. I placed the child in front of a group of paramedics for a checkup. Chief Burns tapped on my shoulder. "Thank you so much for being so brave to save this child. The Griffin Rock Rescue Team will be forever grateful," he politely said. I chuckled. "Chief, I am in your team. I'm Miku."

  "And then before I knew it, Miku was running straight inside the building. Luckily she came out just fine, with small scratches," Heatwave told everyone. "Pfft, Heatwave, this isn't my first rescue," I giggled. Bumblebee shot a look at me, which turned me silent. This isn't good...

  "Miku, what were you thinking?!" Bumblebee yelled at me. "Bee, I-" He cut me off. "I'm here to teach you about yourself, and here you are running off!" He beeped angrily. I sighed. I have to admit, I am always wandering off to hang out with the Rescue Bots instead of learning from Bumblebee. "Look, Bee. I'm sorry. How much time do you have left here?" I asked Bumblebee. "About a week. From what I heard, probably lesser than a week," he replied. "Team Prime is suffering without their skilled scout, I assume?" I asked. "Yeah. I miss Raf too," he beeped sadly. I pat his shoulder. "We'll get as many things covered as possible. Then you can forget about this and return," I said. He smiled brightly, the kind that I find myself missing the most. "If my memory files are correct, you do that every time," I chuckled.

  Two days later, Bumblebee managed to teach me most of myself AND my background on lobbing.

  I was treated rather biased since I matured quicker than Bumblebee in my youth. Father was proud of me and Bumblebee equally so we are always offered a variety of opportunities. I was offered in both being the youngest warrior and participate in the lobbing competition in the young adult category. I got into both. Around that time, my father became Prime. He was eager to teach me all about the warrior class. Meanwhile, I receive my training from Cliffjumper and Ironhide (but they weren't as good as how they claimed). In the end, I was an expert in both places.

  "I am glad to hear that you have completed your mission, Bumblebee," dad spoke to the two of us. The Rescue Bots, especially Heatwave, are very eager to listen to our conversation. I made them promise us that they would not speak of this conversation ever.

  "Dad, when are you taking back Bumblebee?" I asked.

  "Miku, I am sure you are very attached to Bumblebee ever since he arrived. I believe your questioning is for the benefit of Bumblebee. I will allow Bumblebee to return to Team Prime in three days," dad responded.

  "I think Bumblebee would like to return now," I sighed, glancing over Bumblebee.

  "Do you wish to return now, Bumblebee?" Dad asked.

  Bumblebee nodded.

  "Very well. Begin your journey as soon as you can. Safe travels."

  Graham and Boulder completed a hologram for Bumblebee's vehicle mode. This would appear that as if someone is driving Bumblebee. I transformed into my bot mode. Before Bumblebee left, Blades demanded a group photo. I looked at my brother. He seemed to have a favorite now.

  "One last hug?" I asked Bumblebee. Without warning, he ran to me and hugged me tight whilst leaking his optics. "I'm gonna miss you," he beeped. "Same," I said as I let go of him, "In the meantime, I'll figure out how to build a voicebox for you." Bumblebee looked at me with puzzled optics. "Ratchet taught me all about biotechnology. I should be able to build one for you," I said, winking. He nodded and hugged me again.

  Goodbyes are hard, but sometimes it is worth the good. Bumblebee had to fight a war to protect Earth and me.  Now that he's away, the firehouse seemed empty. Without a yellow bug running around hanging out with the bots, things are quiet as everybot does their thing. 

  One day, the Rescue Bots received a call from Team Prime while I was out patrolling with Chief Burns and Chase. We drove around the park where the weather machine went ballistic. There were reports on burglary and pickpocketing near the park area. Most of the items were later found in front of the victim's house. The sky was in its perfect blue with birds chirping. "It looks like a great day for a walk, isn't it?" I sighed, looking up. "I bet Heatwave would like to take you for a walk," Chief chuckled. "What?! Not you, too," I groaned. "Bumblebee may or may not have talked with us about the camping trip you guys have," Chief said. "If I may, what did Bumblebee tell you, Chief," Chase asked. Before Chief could add any more embarrassing things, my phone rang. Phew.

  "Miku! Team Prime has called and they want to see you now," Cody screamed in the call.

  "Relax, Cody. I'm coming home," I replied and hung up. "I need to return back to the firehouse, mind if you guys drop me there before revealing anything else in front of me?"

  "Will do. Chase?" Chief said.

  I went to the garage. All of the Rescue Bots were in the communications chamber. I transformed into my bot mode. 

  "Hey guys, what's with the sudden call," I asked before looking up at the screen.

  It was Bumblebee!

  "Bee!" I yelled excitedly. 

  Bumblebee nodded happily. We began to talk to each other nearly screaming at each other. 

Goodbyes may be hard, but it is not forever.