Chapter 10: Fitoor

****

****

June 20, 2020

Fitoor.

Obsession.

That's what he had...obsession of her...fitoor. The fitoor which made him fall on his knees for a girl with honey brown eyes. The obsession that made the beast within cower back....that made the soul within alive again.

He was obsessed.

He didn't regret...why would he? His fitoor for her had another interpretation than what world would say. And he didn't care what world would say...he had her, that's it. He had her the one he longed for. Tabeer, his only dream that came to reality.

The soft of her bare hands made contact with his lonely ones molding into it as if made for it. His darkest black orbs glistened in the dimly lit canopy while an intense look flowed on his face. The look that made her unknowingly lose herself in him. Time stilled...or it didn't but who cared? He had her and she had him that's all what mattered. Slowly snaking his other hand around her waist he gently pulled her closer. Her small hand still in his large one, held in a tight promising grip.

Placing her other hand on his shoulder she looked up...straight in his eyes. Straight in his soul. Soft breeze blowing around played with her hair locks and the rogue strand tickled her back of neck sending a shiver down her spine. They had no account when there still body had started swaying in a slow motion. Soft music played in the background, it was playing all the time but the two hadn't noticed.

Zindagi ne ki hai kaisi saazishein
Poori hui dil ki wo farmaishein
Maangi duaa ek tujh tak jaa pahunchi
Parvardigara, parvardigara
Kaisi suni tune meri khamoshi
O parvardigara

Eyes still locked, hearts in synchrony while soul intertwined. Absorbing the soft harmony of the song...was it coincidence or something else? The lyrics seemed to be taken from their lives. Matching everything. Their first encounter played in her mind while in his the memory of fifteen years back.

Ye fitoor mera laaya mujhko hai tere kareeb
Ye fitoor mera rehmat teri
Ye fitoor mera maine badla re mera naseeb
Ye fitoor mera chaahat teri
O parvardigara, parvardigara

With a swift he swirled her around in a circular motion and restore her earlier position but with a small jerk making her palm land on his chest.

“Jaana...” He whispered softly.

“You're the best thing that happened to me.” Every word he spoke entered her soul making her heart throb inside her chest. She could hear its beat and so could he. Their slow movement complimenting the song in the background and their frantically beating heart complimenting each other in silent words.