Chapter 9: Enigma to Euphoria

*****

*****

June 14, 2020

“Assalamoalaikumk Zoheb.” Shameel's booming voice greeted him as soon as he entered the car. A faint smile adorned his face as he turned his head towards the man sitting beside him. Replying him he looked at the rood as the car started moving.

“You actually have started smiling a lot.” Shameel's amused words made him frown. Was that true?

“Maybe. I have a reason to.” He said still looking outside. A beautiful face flashing in his eyes as he spoke, that face he longed to see every other second. The face that held so much importance to him. The smile that would make his heart met and give him hope...a lot of hopes. The shinning eyes that would remind him of the shinning glory of Allah's creations. The person who had made him look inside his own soul and helped him recognize who he was.

He didn't know he had zoned out until the car came to a halt making him lean forward a little by the impact. It's been a week since the rain incident, and he could say proudly that they had made a progress...a little yet enough for him. He got out of the car followed by Shameel.

“You know I am so happy for you mate.” Shameel spoke from behind making him stop in his track and look back at the man who was grinning at him. A warm smile tugged at his lips as he moved forward and embraced his best friend in a warm brotherly hug. The thing he hadn't done in a long time. He used to hug him every time he cried but this time it wasn't him crying nor was Shameel consoling. It was the act of letting each other know their importance and love.

“I will always owe you man.” Zoheb whispered and parted. A mischievous grin formed on Shameel's face, the same one Zoheb loathed because it would always end them up in a mess.

“You owe me, obviously you do. So you have to give me a treat tonight. Dinner outside, what say?” As they started walking towards their destination Shameel spoke cheerfully making Zoheb shake his head and then nod.

“Okay fine.”

“I love you bro. And yeah bring bhabi too I haven't had any proper conversation with her.” He spoke.

“You don't need to have a conversation with her.” With a scowl in his face Zoheb spoke and the next moment Shameel burst into fits of laughter. He was laughing so hard that he could feel his stomach hurt.

“Why are you laughing like a mad hyena?” Zoheb asked.

“You are so damn possessive. I need to get an introduction to her. Don't you think? And by the way, I know my limits bro...no need to worry.” Shameel said and for a moment Zoheb could feel the guilt building inside him for reacting that way but then it was her they were talking about.

“I am sorry mate, I just don't want any trouble for her. But Insha Allah soon you will meet her.” Shameel patted his back as he spoke, and they went inside the building to complete their work.