Chapter Twenty Four

As much as I had ignored Dalia's words,they kept tormenting me Daniel and I started developing a creepy feeling.As if someone was watching all my moves.Anytime I was walking out of the lecture halls,my house,the school or even just walking around town;I would feel like something was watching me.

Someone was watching me.

"Baby,can I ask you something?"

"Mmmhh."

You kept on playing the video game a small smile on your face.And still after so long,I still couldn't believe such a beautiful man like you could be mine.

"Dalia told me that before we met you asked her about me."

"I did."

You didn't deny.And my fear grew up even more.Could it be that you were stalking me as Dalia claimed?

"But you said you met me in the footbridge."I scooted away from you."I don't understand."

"I did."

We were both silent and I was now afraid that maybe Dalia was right.You could be stalking me Daniel.How then did you know my name even before we met?Pausing the game,you turned towards me and leaned closer.I fought every fibre in me that was urging my body to move away from you.

"I first met you in the footbridge,some six months ago and I really liked you and so watching you disappear,I wanted to know more about you.I asked around in a smart manner."

Weird.

"So most of my free time I passed around Kenyatta University,na nilikuwa nakuona na huyo beshte yako.(I used to see you with your friend)."

Still weird.

"So I approached her one night and she was kinda arrogant and snobby.I had earlier on wanted to ask her to say hi to you,give her my number so that you could communicate with me if you were interested in the stranger."You gave me a smile and I chuckled at your stupidity."But she left me hanging and boarded the nearest matatu."

"That I can be a witness to."I chuckled softly."That is so like Dalia."

But still I wondered why you didn't tell me in the first place.And why did I have a feeling someone was following my every move?

"Why did you not tell me?"

"Why would I?"You chugged some beer down and wiped your mouth with the back of your hand."I didn't want you to feel stalked."

"But I have that feeling of late."I whispered."Like someone is watching me."

"Watching you?"

You scooted even closer and held me at either sides of my shoulders.

"Baby,aren't you being paranoid?"

Was I?

Looking back,you could be right.Why did I suddenly start feeling that way after Dalia had told me so.Was it because she had planted that thought in me?That someone was watching me?

"Dalia told you I was stalking you right?"I nodded."I knew she would the first night I dropped you home.Didn't you notice how much she was glaring my way?"

"I thought she just disliked you at first sight."I took my orange juice."She is always envious of me.She thinks I can't handle myself."

*********
Can I handle myself?

Tell me Daniel,can I handle myself right now?I feel pain,hopelessness, fear.I feel some weird presence in this room.I smell some impending doom lurking within Daniel.I can hear it moving closer.

I look up at Mickey.Mickey looks down at me.I look at him again.He looks at me again.I breathe hard.He doesn't move at all.

"I feel it."His eyes speak."I feel it too Lilly."

*********

"There is someone I want you to meet tonight."You told me later in the night as we rested in your bed.I had come to a conclusion that I was just paranoid,nothing more."I know you will love her."

"Your mom?"

"Nope."

You turned towards me and pecked my lips.Your cologne wafted my face and I moved closer to you.Wanting to feel your scent and get you buried deep inside me.But as much as I was putting it off as paranoia,I had an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach.Something bad was going to happen this night.Something so bad.

"Any clue."

"Patience my love."You poked me on my stomach."You just wait and see."

I snuggled deeper and smiled against your warm exposed chest.My eyes closed,trying to fight that bad feeling but it was there to stay.Not even senje by Sauti Sol,my favourite jam could clear my mind.

Something bad was going to happen.

Even if it wasn't tonight,tomorrow or this very week.Something bad was going to happen.

"Okay baby."

"Are you okay cutie pie?"

"Yeah why?"

"Your heart is beating faster than usual."You pulled me away."And it seems like you have a fever,are you okay?"

The panic in your voice doubled up my paranoia and I gasped.Taking a deep breathe,I looked up at you and smiled.A calm and collected smile masking my real feelings.

"I am good."I reassured you."Just not feeling well.Some Malaria probably."

"Have you been checked?"

"Not yet."

"Why baby?You know it can be something serious."You placed your hand against my forehead."Let's get you to the doctor cutie pie."

"Come on Biko."I whined,pouting my lips."I am sure I am okay,just some little fever."

"Some little fever?Do you know how some little fever can be hazardous?"You gave me a reprimanding look,hoisting my body up softly."We are going to the hospital right now."

*********

I thought you cared about me Daniel.I thought.Driving me to hospital,sitting through all those processes and finally buying me lunch.

I was thrilled,I was so happy.But I didn't know you were saving me so that you could kill me yourself.

You wanted to be the one ending my life,watch my eyes close and the lifeless drop of my arm.

That weird feeling is in me right now.I can feel it.But I am not going to assume it like I did last time.Even if I don't assume it though,I can't save myself because you made sure I can't.

So I wait.