Chap. 09: Waterworks With Deidara

Author's Note: This chapter is mainly centered on Emi and Deidara's relationship. I know this is a Sasori love story, but given their background and Emi's seemingly unrequited feelings for Deidara, I feel like this topic has to be discussed before Emi can finally move on from her childhood crush :) Anyway, I hope you guys still enjoy this! No worries, Sasori will get some love soon :)

Disclaimer: Credit for all of the characters (except for Emi) goes to the creators of Naruto.

It turns out Deidara wasn’t in his room. As a matter of fact, he wasn’t anywhere in the house. My first reaction was to panic, because he might’ve done something stupid like blow up Hidan’s room with one of his clay bombs. Deidara tends to do that when left alone. But then my panic turned into anger. How dare he leave me to rot in this house while he enjoys his time outside? Stupid Deidara. I definitely had to have a word with him when he comes back. So, I tried my best to patiently waited for him to arrive.

He came back around midnight. I had grown tired of waiting for him in the living room so I decided I would talk to him tomorrow. I was almost asleep when he came barging in my room, drunk off his ass. I was about to yell at him for leaving me and now waking me up so suddenly, but I decided against it when I saw the current state he was in.

“Emi-chaaaaaaan!” Deidara called out, his words came out slurred, and I could smell the alcohol half a mile away.

“You’re drunk.” Was my blunt reply.

I sat up and crossed my legs, motioning for him to sit on the bed next to me.

“Of course not, un!” Deidara denied as he sluggishly approached. He hiccupped a few times and I had to hold back a chuckle at his comedic actions. Finally, he managed to sit himself down. “That would be veeeerrryyyy unprofessional of me.”

I rolled my eyes. “You were never known for being professional, Deidara.”

“Oh yeah?!” he abruptly stood up, making him dizzier. I pulled him back down so he wouldn’t end up vomiting on my bed. “What am I known for then, un?”

“Well,” I began as I tucked a strand of lose hair behind my ear. “You’re known for being spontaneous, and out of control. Never professional.”

“You’re hurting my feelings, un.” Deidara pouted and clutched his chest where his heart was supposed to be.

“I never said it was a bad thing.” I continued. “You’ve had a lot of brilliant ideas because of your spontaneity. Remember when Onoki-sensei found out about the chickens we had let lose? If it weren’t for your clay bombs, we never would’ve gotten them to run back to their coop.”

“He he he,” Deidara childishly laughed. I couldn’t hold back the smile that slowly formed on my lips. “I had good time that day, un.”

“Me too,” I grinned.

Suddenly, Deidara’s look turned serious. “I’ve hurt your feelings too, un.”

I cocked my head to the side.

Seeing my confused expression, Deidara continued. “I’m not stupid. I know I’ve hurt you, un. I hurt you when I left, and for that, I am sorry.”

I shook my head, my heart beating faster. “I-it’s no big deal, Deidara.”

“But it is.” Deidara interrupted. “Sometimes, I can still see the hurt in your eyes, un. You laugh at my jokes and we talk as if nothing bad happened between us, but I can see you’re still hurting because of my betrayal.”

I bit my lip and looked down. Deidara sighed and lifted my chin with his index finger. He forced me to look him in the eyes.

“I want you to understand something, un.” His words still came out a bit unclear, but I could still make out the most important words. “I never wanted to leave Iwagakure.”