Chapter 2

It had been a mere week since Bryan was taken in. He hadn't left his room in that amount of time and only ate when his stomach started to ache.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He mindlessly flipped the page of the book he was reading as his eyes scanned mercilessly across the page, not leaving a single word unread. Although his eyes were in the book, his head wasn't.

'I've given it a week. Maybe I should try leaving? At least leaving the room will do me some good. They haven't tries hurting me and after what I heard last week...'

His mind was made up. He'd start off trying to trick them into thinking he wanted to actually stay and gain their trust! It shouldn't be hard seeing as they are already allowing him to do what he pleases.

He places his book down and shakily got up. The walk towards the door seemed painfully slow, the doorknob cold from not being used. He stepped out and softly closed the wooden door behind him. The light he'd seen before was there so he approached.

The sound of footsteps made the currently resident look up from his book. He stared for a minute before turning overjoyed.

"Bryan! Hello! Are you feeling any better?"

Bryan smiled and nodded at Twisted Bonnie. No matter what he always seemed to still have childish innocence.

"H-Hello. I was wondering if I could go outside for a walk?"

Bonnie tended up. He knew of what lurks outside, this dimension wasn't the safest of the bunch. He didn't want Bryan hurt, yet he didn't want him to feel stuck. He let out a sigh and set his controller down and paused his game.

"I-I guess it's fine... ONLY! Only is you take two of us with you!"

Bryan nodded. This could work. He could talk to them and gain their trust. Only problem was figuring out who was the boss around here besides the obvious; Glitchtrap.

"Can I take Glitchtrap and... Foxy? "

Yeah! That'll work. Foxy seemed like he had some sort of authority around here. After all, who walks around like that and doesn't have any authority?

Bonnie thought for a moment and nodded, deciding it would be fine for those two to come along. He told Bryan to stay there and went into - what he could only assume - the kitchen, where another light was on and voices were heard.

Bonnie came out along with Foxy and Glitchtrap, all with either a small smile or wide one chatting happily.

'They look like a happy family...'

Bonnie sat back on the floor and continued his game after saying a small goodbye to the trio. Glitchtrap smiled at Bryan and happily grabbed his hand and dragged him to the door where Foxy awaited.

"Ye ready, lad?"

Bryan gave a slightly tense nod and a small, forced smiled to mask his nervousness. Once they were outside, the began walking straight ahead.

The forest had a plethora of plants. Sometimes a small shrub, than a berry bush, then a large oak tree all back to back. There would be moss on large rocks and trees, a bird chirping every now and then in the distance, and even a couple of rabbits or a fox.

The walk was relatively quiet in the beginning, Bryan trying to concoct a plan or genuinely enjoying his surroundings. After a good half an hour, he ended up just accepting that he wasn't able to go alone (he was very bitter about it at first), and ended up joining in the conversation.

"So what did you like to do back home in your dimension? Any hobbies you did in your free time?"

Bryan had to think about it. It had been a little while since he's had free time and time he wasn't busy due to business booming which caused a load of paperwork. During that time everyone was stressed, even if only slightly. However, he did know of what he enjoyed when he was free from the depths of his work.

"I enjoy painting, music, and making videos. I have a YouTube channel where I make content for preteens a kids, but pretty much anyone can watch. I'm really passionate and proud of it, actually!"

Glitchtrap nodded and Foxy smiled softly. It was cute, really. They got to see a passionate side of him nobody else really did. The way his eyes lit up in joy as he talked about the joy he brought younger audiences was delightful.

They ended up in a clearing just sitting around and talking, not having a care in the world. Soon enough they realized that it was around 2 o'clock in the afternoon and they'd need to get back.

They started their journey back home in silence to just enjoy the light hearted energy around them. They listened to birds chirp, leaves crunch and a wolf howling close by. It took them all a minute to realize that that wolf meant danger.

"When I say now, run, okay?"

Bryan nodded and they all picked up the pace slightly. It wasn't until the howl was closer that the dangerous journey began.

"Now!"

They all started sprinting back in the direction of the house, the direction of safety. Bryan gave quick breathes as he ran, not loosing hope for a second. That is, until a single root ruined that all for him.

He fell harshly with a gasp as Glitchtrap and Foxy spun around to help him. They tried helping him to get his foot unstuck but it was to late. The wolves had arrived. It was three verses two who were covering their friend.

Bryan immediately started trying to work faster as the fight began and tears sprung into his eyes. The fight didn't last long, as the two animatronics were a lot stronger than the wolves. That didn't make it any less petrifying for the trio, though.

Once Bryan managed to escape the root, he was met with a bear hug. He didn't really care about how he thought of them before, all he could think about was how terrified he and the others were.

Foxy pulled back and had his hands latched onto Bryan's shoulders.

"You're okay? You're not hurt or anything?"

Bryan smiled and shook his head 'no'.

"I'm fine just a bit shaken up is all."

After a brief checkup from the overprotective fox, they headed back with Foxy holding Bryan's hand the whole way back.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Word Count: 1084