Better Than Detergent

Start from the beginning

Morgan stopped. Pulled Jessica to face her. She looked her face over and caressed her cheek. "NO! You didn't. You let him... Not on your... Oh gods. I am sorry. You royally, colossally, massively fucked up, but you did not deserve THAT." Morgan hugged her.

"Yes. Well. He liked it. Dominance bullshit. It made it stop. Horrible, but better on me than in me. It is not like it is ever happening again. It pissed him off a little, I think, when he realized ALL was on, none was in, and I scrubbed it off. Nothing to remember him by! I wish. Still have that stupid shit in my head that I refused to respond to."

"I heard some of that. If you had answered truthfully, it might have spurred him on."

"No shit!" Jessica said. "Why, No, Alexander. Thank you for asking. You are in fact not as good as my husband. Why no Alexander; I am not enjoying being used like this. Not any part of me thinks you are great. Etc."

Ready to pound me some Alexander now.

"Next time, just say "Ok, dude, I am done and out of here." Morgan advised.

"You faked an orgasm to make it stop." Jessica reminded her.

"I was young, stupid, and human. You are older, experienced, and in case you forgot, a badass." Morgan said. 

She caressed Jessica's face tenderly. "Jessica?"

"Yes?" Jessica answered, afraid of what Morgan is about to say.

"When Vera left with Kevin, she had permission from the person who owns her heart to leave. I am sure they had a lovely time. You did not have permission. You had an affair. You cheated on me. You do not feel the way only because you let a pagan defile your body. MY body. You need to understand something. Your heart is mine. My heart is yours. You cannot do things like that on a whim because you hurt me. I am yours, but I am saying this very possessively and you need to hear it all the way to your core: You are mine. Mine, Jessica. Never, ever do that to me again. Promise me right now. Never again. You divorce me first if you need some rude boy so bad. I let that happen when I could have stopped it because you needed to learn this. DO you understand?"

Jessica's head dropped lower and lower as Morgan reiterated Jessica's ownership.

"I understand. What about him? That guy?" Jessica indicated me, head still bowed.

"He and I are a package deal." Morgan said. "Deal with it. You are jointly owned"

"OK." Jessica said.

"I am being serious Jessica. Mine."

"I understand." Jessica said.

"Jessica. Promise me." Morgan said. "'I understand' is not a promise."

"I promise you." Jessica said and wiped at her face.

We started walking again. Morgan and Jessica with an arm around each other.

"I thought the lists were kind of a joke. I always treated them lightly. I thought it was funny to laminate them, for example." Morgan commented. "Now I see that they have a serious underpinning. We are Poly. I have learned how to be that. We are not an open marriage. We are not swingers. 'Approved' has meaning. Even if it sometimes is hurtful meaning, as with Vera and Helen. Helen has not forgiven Vera, but it also makes sense. It would hurt Helen for Adrian to be with her now. Helen has to forgive Vera for her sins of the past before that can be OK. Vera hurt Adrian. Helen does not tolerate people hurting her family."

"You forgave me." Jessica said.

"Naturally. Going to be a long time before you forgive yourself."