"Yeah." He said quietly as he looked down at the rock he was playing with with his feet. 

"So on that day, when Calem and co. cornered me in that alley... that was you?" I asked, still shocked at the revelation. 

"Mmhmm." He nodded, before sighing. "You guys probably think I'm a weirdo now, running around playing hero, and I understand if you don't wanna be friends anymore... I'll just get going." His voice was laced with such sadness I wanted to run up to him and hug him. He sounded so vulnerable and open, yet ready for the rejection, and I don't know why but it hurt to see him like that. I don't know if it's because of his familiarity, the fact that he saved me, or just my own personality, but I didn't want to see him like that. But before I could say anything, May beat me to it.

"You're kidding right? Why would we ever think you're a weirdo for doing something good? Unless you do it in your underwear." She said, and we all shared a laugh at the comment.

"I can assure you I am fully clothed when I stop crime." Ash chuckled.

"Jokes aside, you shouldn't be ashamed of what you've done. You just saved Clemont's sister for Arceus' sake. She is like family to us, and we couldn't bare to lose her, and thanks to you we didn't." Drew said.

"Don't forget you saved Serena too." Misty added as I nodded in agreement. 

"And hero or not, you're still the Ash we spent the day with, who's a good friend." Dawn chipped in. "And we wouldn't want to lose him."

"Thanks guys." Ash said with a smile. There was a silence amongst us, comfortable one, as we all stood there. Before Drew suddenly looked at Ash wide-eyed. 

"Wait a second, that means that you're gonna use your Greninja tomorrow right?!" He blurted out.

"What are you talking about?" May asked, and all of us smirked at Drew, who started panicking even more. "Uhm nothing, I just made a little bet with Ash that's all, whether he would win against Calem." He quickly said before turning back to Ash, "Wait why am I panicking, you still lost to Paul, so I should be fine."

"Hehe about that..." Ash scratched the back of his head, a sheepish grin on his face. He looked cute when he was shy— WAIT WHAT?! What am I thinking. Before I could ponder about my thoughts, Drew spoke.

"You did lose to Paul didn't you? Didn't you?" Drew sounded like he was about to break down and cry.

"Well Ash said he didn't lose as badly against me as Calem, and winning against me still holds true to that." Paul said nonchalantly. In unison, the group turned towards Ash. 

"YOU BEAT PAUL!?" We all shouted, causing Ash to sweatdrop. "Uhm... Yeah..." We all gaped at him. Paul was, hands down, the top battler in our school, although he never tried for the title of school champion, and if Calem lost so badly against Paul, Ash would make easy work out of him.

"Well it looks like you're losing whatever bet you made saladhead." May nudged Drew, whose mouth was still open like magikarp. We all started giggling at the sight. 'If only she knew'.

"Wait, but why didn't you battle Calem previously? And why accept now?" I asked, confused as to why such a seasoned battler wouldn't battle.

"Well Paul's been pushing for me to get back to my old habits, and I thought if I could win a bet while doing it why not. As to why I stopped in the first place... Well... that's personal..." He muttered the last part. The rest of the group were ready to fire away with more questions when the elevator doors opened, revealing the Ninja Pokémon and two blondes.

"BONNIE!" We all screamed in unison, before tackling her into a huge group hug. 

"Geez... not... you guys... too... can't... breathe..." She said as we all squeezed her in a bone crushing hug, which we instantly released, realising she was turning blue.