Invisible to you- Newt/ Thomas imagine

AN: Hey I just want to say thank you for nearly 300 reads. I never thought that the stories would even get more than 50 reads on Wattpad. But I'm very glad to see that there are still some Maze Runner fans out there.

Y/N P.O.V

I put the last delivery of flour into a kitchen cupboard, that was sent up to us with the new greenie, which I haven't seen yet. Suddenly I hear Frypan's annoyed voice from the next room: "Thomas you can't always keep Y/N from her work. You two can talk after dinner." says the cook and I smile. Thomas and I were sent up to the Glade together and he is my best friend. Sometimes he acts a bit strange but maybe that's just his behavior. I come out of the kitchen and give Thomas a hug. Then I turn to Fry, "Can I have a quick five minute break?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "Forget it, we've got a lot of work to do and we're running out of time." he replies. I look at him with my puppy eyes, which always works on him, and he sighs, "Okay just go, you know I can't refuse you anything with that look.", I grin contentedly and pull Thomas by the hand outside to our little place behind the kitchen, not noticing the small blush on his face.
We both let ourselves fall into the grass and I furrow my eyebrows in curiosity. "Okay, tell me everything! How was your first day as a runner? Did you find anything new? And did you see a Griever?" I ask and Thomas raises his hands laughing. "Calm down Y/N/N! Minho explained everything to me and I think we could have run even longer. Anyway, it was more fun than hanging around here in the Glade all day doing nothing." he says grinning and I box against his arm. "Hey! Frypan and I have our hands full here and the other Gladers too. Besides, I saw you stumble the last few meters out of the Maze so don't pretend it wasn't exhausting! " I reply and Thomas looks at me played hurt. Then his expression changes to a mischievous grin and before I can do anything he starts to tickle me. Laughing I try to get out of his grip but I have no chance against him. "Okay, have mercy." I choke out giggling and he stops. Breathing heavily, I lie down, he's leaning over me. His face is inches away from mine and he just looks me in the eyes. When I have the feeling that he comes closer and closer to me, I push him aside laughing and jump up. "I have to go. I'll see you later Tom." I yell with a grin and run back to the kitchen. Like I said... sometimes he's a little strange.
Back at Frypan's I prepare everything with him and an hour later I call the Gladers for dinner. Tonight we have a simple tomato soup with homemade bread. Unfortunately we don't have the resources here to cook more fancy dishes but everyone gets something to eat. After I finish my work for today, I go to my friends with my plate of soup. Thomas, Minho, Ben and Chuck are already sitting at a table and talk. "Hey, can you make room for me for a second?" I ask with a grin and Thomas immediately slides a little to the side so that I sit down next to him. Minho tries to suppress his laughter and the others also grin. "Is everything okay, boys?" I ask and Thomas next to me suddenly becomes hectic. "Yes, everything's fine with them. Chuck had just told a joke." the dark brown-haired boy next to me replies quickly before anyone can answer and I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "Okay...guys, where is Newt?" I casually ask and try to hide my interest in the Brit as best I can. I can't get the blond boy out of my head since we met for the first time and every second I think of him I have a slight tingling in my stomach. I definitely have a crush on him. "He wanted to show the greenie the Glade. Have you seen the new guy yet? I heard his name is Sam." Minho looks around questioningly and everybody shake their head. Just as I am about to finish my tomato soup, I hear Newt's voice. "Shanks, say welcome to our lovely greenie." I look up and my heart stops for a second. Next to Newt stands a beautiful girl with reddish-brown hair and amber eyes. She looks gorgeous and smiles shyly. "Hi, I'm Samantha, but you can call me Sam."

My jaw drops and I feel a certain sting in the pit of my stomach. This girl is so much better than me and she will turn all boys' heads, Newt included.
"Y/N is everything okay?" Thomas asks and I come back to reality. "What?" I reply and look confused at Samantha and then at Newt, who isn't even paying attention but looks at the new girl. "Sam suggested that you two could talk to each other a bit." says Minho and I smile forcedly friendly.
"Of course. I'd love to." I swallow my rising jealousy and get up. "Hey...uh Newt, can we meet near the bonfire later?" I ask nervously and he stops staring at Samantha and nods.