Chapter 61: Nico Gets Sick

Start from the beginning

"But-"

"Nope. I might have a little something, but I'll be alright! It's not gonna kill me. It's just a little cold. I might have a fever. So what? I'm gonna make it. I don't want anything, except you."

I kissed him on the forehead and looked at him. "I'm sorry."

"No, I am. You're just being an awesome girlfriend, making sure I'm ok and I'm telling you to stop because I'm fine."

"Nico, I can be pushy. Just tell me if I seem a little bit too pushy, please."

"You're fine! Now...if you could just stay here with me, that would be awesome." Nico sneezed, making a loud echoing sound. "Sorry."

I put my hand on his cheek. "Hey, it's fine. I just feel bad for you. I don't want you sick! Tomorrow I get to see this surprise you keep wanting to show me. I want you to feel better."

"I'll make it. I just need more sleep."

He laid back down and closed his eyes. I kissed his lips lightly as he went to sleep. I sat by him for about ten minutes. Then I got up and laid down on the couch for a while. I looked at the time. It was 9:59 and I went back over to Nico. It had been about an hour since he fell asleep.

His eyes opened and he didn't look as bad. "Hey."

"How do you feel?" I asked.

"A little better."

I felt his cheek, then his forehead. "Nico, you're still burning up!"

His hand touched mine. "Hey, I'm alright. It's just a little fever."

I sighed. "There's no use in arguing with you over this. Do you want anything for breakfast?"

"No. I'm not hungry. Lillian, don't stress yourself out over this! Yeah, I have a little something, but you don't need to do everything for me. I can still do stuff. If I want something, I'll get it."

He started to sit up, making his dark hair fall into his eyes. I sat down on the edge of the bed. My hand went to his face as he looked at me. He had dark circles under his eyes. His face was still light pink. He looked terrible.

"Oh, baby, you look terrible!" I told him.

He put his hand on top of mine and moved it off of his warm cheek. "I might look terrible, but I'm still me."

I managed a small smile. "I'm gonna go get something really fast. I'll be right back. Don't try to do anything."

He laughed. "I won't. I promise. And could you maybe change? I don't want any of the guys checking you out."

"I will."

I twirled my fingers around and my snow surrounded me. When it disappeared, I was in a regular camp t-shirt and jean cutoffs. I looked down at my sick boyfriend and he smiled.

"Thank you," he said, his voice crackly.

I brushed the hair away from his eyes and kissed his forehead. "I'll be back in a couple minutes."

I used my snow to get to my cabin. I grabbed my lipgloss, which tasted like strawberries, and ran out to find Ash. I saw her immediately.

"Ash!" I called.

She ran over to me. "Hey! Where's my bro at?"

"He's sick."

"Man, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, well. I just thought you'd want to know. He's burning up and sneezing. I gave him some nectar, but nothing has worked. I better get back to him before he tries to do something."

"Alright. I'll probably come by later to see him. Is that alright?"

"Yeah. Just make sure no one else sees where you go!"

She laughed. "Alright. I'll check on you guys later. See ya!"

She skipped away and Bella came up to me. We were dressed exactly the same. Hair in a messy ponytail. Orange camp shirt. Jean cutoffs. Wonderful!

"Hey, Lilly!" she said cheerfully.

"Hi, Bella," I replied.

"Where's Nico at?"

"He's sick."

"Oh, ok. Um, can you help me get something?"

"Yeah, I guess."

I followed her to her cabin. The wonderful Aphrodite cabin that reeked of perfume, makeup, and hair products. She took me over to a closet and opened the door.

"It should be right over there," she said.

I started to walk into the closet. Then I felt a thick rope being tied tightly around my waist, my arms pressing against my sides. I turned around, but Bella pushed me, making me fall onto the floor. She put a piece of tape across my mouth and took my shoes off. Rope was tied around my ankles.

"I'll be back," she said with a wink.

The door closed, leaving me in complete darkness, tied up, and not sure of what to do, except attempt to scream for help.