1. the sleepover

Disclaimer and introduction:
Hi! in this book the main characters (Will, Mike, Dustin, Lucas, Jane "Eleven" and Max) will be 14, and maybe later in the book 15-16. Anyways I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I love writing it :-) <3

Will Byers' playlist!🌼~

*Where is my mind?- Pixies.
*Under pressure- Queen, David Bowie.
*King and lionheart- Of monsters and men.
*Heather- Conan gray.
*Boys will be bugs- Cavetown.
*Make you mine- PUBLIC.
*Should I stay or should I go?- The clash.
*I want to break free- Queen.
*Training wheels- Melanie Martinez.
*Lookalike- Conan gray.
*People Watching- Conan Gray.
*Arms tonite- Mother Mother.
*FOOLS- Troye sivan.
*The story- Conan gray.
*wish you were gay- Billie eilish.
*Fight or flight- Conan gray.
*Wings- Birdy.
*Can't fight this feeling anymore- REO speedwagon.
*Lemon boy- Cavetown.
*Sweater weather- The Neighbourhood.
*summer depression- girl in red.

*WILL'S POV*

~End of July, 1985~

Summer break, the best time of the year has come around, and was flying by just as fast. And even saying that it has been amazing, was in fact, an understatement. It was incredible. School was out, Hot sunny days were spent at the pool and cycling around town; but when the weather wasn't as nice the party  would spend the whole day playing d&d in Mike Wheeler's basement. Will actually preferred those days over the hot and sunny days.

That meant that the party could most likely sleep over at Mike's house after the campaign and he loved those sleepovers more than anything.

Little did Will know that the butterflies he felt in his stomach every time Mike Wheeler smiled and spoke to him wasn't just because they were best friends, but because he liked him in a "more than a friend" way.

Will came to the realization that he was infact in love with his best friend. He never in his life felt like he was "normal," but didn't put a finger on it until he found out that he didn't like girls, he liked boys. And that wasn't what society perceived as "normal." It was perceived as "different" and was severely looked down upon, especially in this small and conservative town called Hawkins.

His friends would tease him for not having a girlfriend like the rest of them, and they tried to be the ultimate matchmakers and Will just went along with it.

One time at the Halloween school dance,
Dustin tricked Will into dancing with a girl from their science class and the girl almost kissed Will, but Will excused himself and ran out of the school, as he felt sick to his stomach because of it. That was the moment he fully realized that something "wasn't right."

Why? He thought to himself. He didn't understand, he was supposed to have his first kiss with a rather pretty girl. But he didn't.
The thought of him kissing that girl made his stomach turn.

*****************************************

It was 8 o'clock on a summer night in the beginning of July and the party had decided to have a sleepover at Mike's. They were playing d&d, and they had been playing for about 4 hours to be exact. Jane, Dustin and Lucas had all been eliminated from the game. That meant that Max, Mike and Will were the only ones left in the game.

"MAX WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO!"
Lucas shouted.

"I don't know Lucas, shut up I'm trying to focus!"
The redhead replied, getting irritated.