Chapter 1 Just As Planned

The Hunt

Thanks to @Snowww37 for the cover also editing. In addition, thanks to @solorzanowriter & @ap_rehal also for editing further. Would also like to thanks, the many people so far who have either commented, or had feedback, suggestions, and questions to make this better.

(A huge thanks to the readers for giving my book a chance. This is my first book and I hope you enjoy it. )

A little about me

The truth is I am a laid-back & chill type of guy.

I would appreciate it if you guys would comment.

This book is mostly fiction and is a product of my imagination.

I would appreciate it if you guys would comment. Honest feedback, critique, questions, and also suggestions are welcomed.

Please no hurtful or disrespectful comments, they will either be ignored or muted. With that said here, we go sit back and relax.

Chapter 1

Just As Planned

Raheem's P O V

The rain was pouring heavily with no signs of stopping.

The roads were like swift rivers as the water rushed in from the ocean and the winds howled in the background. The palm trees and power lines were dancing in the harsh wind, and the normally still ocean was aggressive, attacking the beach with vicious waves.

I observed the conditions outside from my home office's window that overlooked the beach. From having dealt with cyclones for years of living here, I knew instantly that this one was going to be devastating. The weather report playing in the background confirmed my hunch. It would be days, if not weeks before I got a flight off of this island. Normally I wouldn't have been bothered by any of this, but this was different.

Not long ago I received a peculiar email on my work account. It accused a man of being a wanted criminal. I recognized it as an official agency briefing except the sender was not known to me. Before I could decide upon the authenticity of the email, my phone started ringing. I glanced at the screen which flashed an unknown number.

I considered declining but ended up receiving the mysterious call.

"Hello," I said coldly. "who is this, and why are you calling me?"

"Hello, agent. Before you interrupt, just listen to what I have to say. Did you receive the file I sent you?" he asked.

I glanced at the screen in front of me.

"If you don't trust it or me, I suggest you contact the director. I must say, I admire your work. I am looking forward to meeting both you and the director in person when you arrive in town."

"Who are you?" I asked again, this time with a tinge of annoyance.

"All will be revealed in due time," he said in the same calm voice. "For now, look over the file while the storm passes, and be ready to meet me when you get back. See you soon Raheem," there was a click followed by silence as he hung up.

I decided that I didn't need to contact the director about the file, and sat down to further investigate it.

Devin Omar Cruz, also known as the DOC had about four inches and 30lbs of muscle on me; I'll have to be smart about taking him out.

I did my groundwork and explored every website and news article I could find about DOC. All the news articles offered was how philanthropic and considerate he was. He'd even gone as far as donating his year's salary to a poor man in his company. The other sites were littered with information about his favorite hang-out places and his other accomplices.

In short, his was the last name that would come to mind when people thought of a criminal. But I could see right through his little act. Years of experience had taught me that even the most altruistic and outstanding people could be very different behind closed doors.

As I dug further into the file I noticed how his associates, well ... former associates, would conveniently turn up dead or go "missing". The few associates that were still alive weren't the kind of guys you'd want hanging around your kids. Simply stating, they were not good people.

Devin Omar Cruz's POV

John kicked in the door of the City Bank on 21st Street.

"Everybody get down. Now." My voice boomed in the hallway. "Hands in the air. Don't try doing something stupid like hitting the alarm, that is if you wish to walk out alive." I said warningly as I waved the gun in the air. Loud gasps and whimpers greeted my ears.

I chuckled and sauntered over to a teller. "Come with me. It's time to get the money."

Meanwhile, Davis passed around two bags to collect cell phones and other valuables of the gathered crowd.

"Put your cellphones in the red bag and valuables in the blue one. Hurry up," he shouted at the old man who put his gold chain in the bag with shivering hands.

By the time I returned with the money from the safe, the boys were ready to leave. They had already crushed the red bag.

The unmistakable sound of sirens echoed at a distance as we walked out. I smirked at the useless effort. Even if the cops caught up to us, there's nothing they could do.

I own this town, I own them.

Unknown POV

Everything was going perfectly, I'd finally convinced Agent Raheem.

I was watching everything unfold just the way I had planned. Agent Raheem was the perfect man for the job; he would be hard to pick out in a lineup of any five men in Barbados. He was average looking and his short, black hair was styled like everyone else's. Now that I'd convinced him to take up the job, I just had to put my plan into action.

First, I would assemble an elite team, headed by Agent Raheem, and pulled from the very agency I had founded years ago before stepping away. But I didn't know for sure who I could trust. It was obvious some of the agency was corrupt but I didn't know who or how many.

Second, I would use that team to get Devin off the streets for good this time. No more benefit of the doubt or early releases from prison. No more putting high-ranking officials in the hospital with next to no repercussions.

And third, I would take back control of my agency from the corrupt power-hungry people determined to run it into the ground. Like so many clocks ticking Doc "Tik-Tock".

Authors Note

I don't have an update schedule or events map out usually go with the flow. In case you were wondering.

So updates might take a while.