ONE

Pain is complicated and beautiful, just like you

_______________________________

THEY SAY that there's this unspoken revolution going on.

It's a few people in random districts standing up for what they believe in, it's not exactly a revolution, yet. It's more of rioting in the districts, a couple of brave people want to stop this dictatorship that's happening in our country. I think that people are finally learning how to stand up to President Snow, and it's because of her, the girl on fire.

She almost killed Cato and I in the arena, and I guess she'll fuck over the whole country too. There are rumors that are circling amongst the Victor's that Katniss and Peeta aren't really in love. They did the berry act to rebel. They played the bullshit love card again, as they would rather kill themselves then let the capital have a lone victor.

We somehow managed to get out, all four of us. And we've been stuck doing everything together, with the girl who tried to kill me. And just that itself has cause my mental state to go a little...foggy.

"Katalina?" I blinked out of my daze to see my therapist, Dr. Marcus, have a concerning look on his face. "Were you having a flashback?" He wrote something down on his notepad.

"No," I answered sitting up to try to see what he had wrote. "I was just thinking." My parents suggested this therapist, only because I wake up screaming in the middle of the night. They refuse to tell people that I need help though, even though it's quite normal to need help.

I think there's a price to pay that follows along with winning the games, which seems to be an individuals mental health.

But only to some, I've learned. But then there's the really unlucky bunch who have to pay the price of going fully insane. I heard about that girl that won a few years back, that red headed girl. She has no clue what's going on anymore. That's what killing innocent people will do to you.

Dr. Marcus says that I have what's called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. When Katniss shoved me off the cornucopia and the dogs tried to eat me alive, it seemed to sort of change me. As it would to any person. Along with constant nightmares of those mutts. I get flashbacks a lot of these images where I was drowning in the river in the arena, or when Thresh was holding me up with one hand choking me. Any moment that was obviously traumatic can flash back into my head. It makes me feel like I'm there again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked breaking me from my thoughts once again.

"The girl on fire," I said while staring at the Mahogany table most people around here would kill to have. And I mean that literally. "She tried to kill me." He nodded. "And she's trying to kill the rest of our country too." He scribbled something down on his note pad again. What was he always writing about me?