eleven

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here." She complained.

"I'll be home soon."

"Good. I'll see you then, brother." Rebekah said, before hanging up.

"Something's off. This has got to be a trap. Why did you say you'd go back?" Azalea asked.

"I know it is. Whatever they're planning, it won't work. I'm gonna call in a few favors. I'd find a homecoming dress, quickly."

As Azalea exited the Lockwood Mansion, going to the end of the front porch, she felt the presence of someone behind her. She turned. "Damon. What a lovely surprise."

"I would say ditto, but, well, it's not." Damon sneered. Azalea let out a hollow laugh.

"Aw, Damon, you're not mad, are you? How can I make it up to you?" She smiled. Suddenly, he used his vamp-speed to break off some of the wooden railing and stab her with it. She groaned as she fell to the ground.

"That's a good start." He said, before watching her fall unconscious. Damon looked around to make sure no one saw, before walking away.

She woke up to the makeshift stake being pulled out of her by Klaus. "Wake up, Aza. We've got to go, sweetheart."

"What? Damon staked me. What happened?" She asked, slowly sitting up.

"You were right. It was a trap, but it failed. Mikael is dead. I killed him." Klaus explained.

"Mikael is dead?" She questioned. His smile grew as he nodded. "Nik! You did it!"

She hugged him in excitement. "I hate to ruin the moment, but I think there's still splinters in me from that damn railing."

"Come on. We'll get you in bed and fix you right up." Klaus said as he picked her up bridal style.

"You're my favorite, Nik." Azalea said as she put her arms around his neck.

"And why's that?"

"Because you always carry me when I don't want to walk, and you call me your little flower, and you'd always make me feel better when I was upset." She said sweetly. Klaus smiled a little as he carried her away.

For the next few days, Azalea stayed inside. She'd always been a homebody, and everything going on gave her more reasons to be. That is, until Klaus came back with the worst news yet.

"Aza. Something's happened."

"What do you mean, something? What happened?" Azalea said, worried.

"Stefan took our family." Klaus said. Azalea quickly stood up from where she sat on the couch.

"I'm gonna murder him." She said in a deadly calm voice.

"No, you aren't."

"What makes you say that? you don't think I can take some emo two hundred year old?" She asked, crossing her arms.