Chapter Two

Before I could say or do anything, she spilt to her car and left. I couldnt believe it. Was the child, mine? Nah, it couldnt be. We hooked up once. There was no way.

"Daddy, im hungary!" Alice said walking over to me and pulling on my leg.

I picked her up and smiled at her, "I'll call uncle Matt and pick up something for us and them as well, okay?"

She nodded her head and I walked over to the car putting her in her seat.

We quicky snagged some food from McDonalds, I loved their fries!, then headed over to Matts. I carried Alice and the food from the car, walking right in the door. I herd laughing and the sound of video games coming from the gamming room, not just for his sons, but for him as well.

"Look who has food!" I annouced, stepping into the game space.

The two boys dropped the controllers and bolted toward me, nearly knocking me off my feet.

"Careful!" I laughed as I sat Alice down, "You three go ahead in the kitchen and get ready."

With the meniton of kitchen, they were gone and I was left with Matt as he turned the system off.

"That was fast." Matt joked as he walked up to me.

I had him one of the bags in my hand and shook my head, "We need to talk dude."

He looked at me slightly worried, then nodded his head, "Lets eat, then I'll pop a movie in for the kids. We can talk then."

Once we finished eating, Matt put in The Lion King for the kids to watch in the living room. We went into the kitchen to talk.

"What on your mind Brian?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "I don't know how to put it."

"Put what?" He asked clueless.

I looked Matt in the eye, "you remember before I got married again, you mentioned Michelle had a kid?"

He nodded his head.

"Have you ever seen him?" I asked.

"Pictures, not in person yet, why?" He ask kind of confused, "wait, how'd you know he was a boy?"

I sighed, "I saw her today, with him. At the park when I took Alice. Did you know she's back in Huntington?"

He nodded his head, "I knew she was moving back, but didn't know when."

"Matt, that kid, looks like me." I said with a sick feeling in my stomach.

Matt looked at me for a long moment, then grabbed a Christmas card from the table in the living room.

"I don't see it." He said looking at the card, then me.

I rolled my eyes and covered my face, "I don't know dude, it's creepy."

"I'll have a talk with Val when the girls get back tomorrow." He told me.

I nodded my head and looked in the living room. Alice was pasted out.

"Shoot me a message, before you all need. I don't want to mention anything to Cyndy till I know for sure." I told him as I started in the living room.

I herd him sigh in disappointment in my choice of not telling my wife, but if anything I learned over the time being with Cyndy was, she hated my ex wife and she got jealous easily.

I picked up my sleeping daughter and carried her to the car. I debating about putting her in her seat or not, since we literally lived a min away. After all, she was asleep, so I took it carefully and went slow. I got home and took her out of the car, laying her on the couch, covering her with her favorite blanket her aunt Val mad her.

I looked at the time on my phone and it was late. Almost eight. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass, pouring me some scotch we had. I walked back into the living room and sat in silence watching my beautiful daughter sleep.

I kept running the idea of Michelle's son being mine. The thought of Alice having a half brother creeped me out. I didn't want that. I didn't want her to have a parted family like I had. I wanted her to have a whole family. If she was to have a brother, I would want it to be from Cyndy.